• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Amax???

craigp40

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2005
SW PA
Where the hell are they? I've been waiting months to get the 105s and can't find them anywhere. Been using DTACs, but wanted to try a few Amax in my 243AI to see if they shoot any better.

Re: 6mm Amax???

I got my last batch from midsouthsupply.com

check natchez shooting supply etc

If you use the 115 DTAC, why go back to the 105 AMAX?

Never tried them, so just wanted to do some experimenting to see if they shoot any better in my 1-8 twist barrel. DTACs shoot ok, but just haven't found "the" load yet.

I'll trade you a box of 105's for 100 DTAC's if you want to try them. I load them with H4350 and get very good results.

I call first dibs if anyone finds some!!!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I call first dibs if anyone finds some!!!
grin.gif
</div></div>

lol... did I tell you I got 500 more in the mail ??
wink.gif

Sendero, I'm already using H4350 with the DTACs. I heard that they are designed to be pushed around the 3k range and my testing seems to confirm that a bit. When I go up from there with the AI, things get inconsistent on me(speed and groups). If that's true, why bother with the AI? Maybe I just need to play with it a bit more.

Just got 1000 last week that had been backordered for several months. Haven't found anything that shoots better in my 6 RAT. Cost less than some of the other 105 class 6mm's.

I wouldn't push them to hard, if they are accurate in the 3K range I'd stay there.

as you know, the AI helps eliminate case stretch too... run them a little slower and save barrel life.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mac37</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i find the DTAC's work better with RL25.</div></div>

Tried that due to the success the 243 guys are seeing. Didn't go too well with the AI. Speeds were great. Accuracy sucked.

I had 1000 on BO at Midway. When 11/30/2010 arrived I was very excited to get my email saying they would ship.

Well, no email I called them the next day and was told my order didn't get filled because of previous orders.

I found 500 at a local store; but also picked up 1000 107 SMK's from Brunos for a good price.

This Hornady thing has me pretty irritated, can't get 208's, now no 105's and it looks like the 162's are gonna dry up as well. I like the Amax they look cool all lined up in the ammo box but I'll probably has to think about changing. I'm not about to spend a bunch of money hoarding

I haven't been following the Amax issues. Why is Hornady running behind so badly?

Posted this before. Found and copied.

I called Hornady about a month ago trying to find out where I could buy 105 amaxs. The lady I spoke with was extremely helpful. She told me that the last run of 105s was in 2009 (early 2009, i think) and that Hornady would be producing the 105s later in October. She asked if I had backorders with anyone. I have orders in with a couple of places. She looked up some distribution info (I guess) and told me that the two places I had orders with were among the first to be receiving shipments of bullets.

So....We should be seeing 105 amaxs arrive soon.

UPDATE: I have since received my backorders. Got 1000 6mm 105s and 400 7mm 162s from Midsouth and 400 6mm 105s from Cabelas.

I think Sinclair has them in stock right now. But Midsouth and Cabelas still show backordered. Guess they filled some or all orders and are now out again.

I just picked up 2k. From sawtoothsupply. Both my rifle like the amax over the dtacs even the 1-8 twist. Try imr4350 and wolf primers.