• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm ARC 18” barrel suppressed

Redman797

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2012
Build is:
Noveske upper
Chrome colt carrier
Young type II bolt
18” ballistic advantage barrel
URX 3.1
Radian CH
Saker ASR brake
Saker 7.62
Badger 20MOA mount
NF NX8 4-32 F1 MOAR MOA

first issue is all my ammo is between 2.25” and 1.95” and getting hung up. All factory, Ammo. I think I read it was all longer than needed, don’t have the conversion set yet to knock em back like recommended. Did hornady just replace it? Rather than bring the dead thread up, what was the outcome?

also holy crap the brass is dirty as all hell. It came out at the 1 o clock position about 2 feet away. But wow is this stuff dirty. Cases were also slightly damaged on shoulder, and extractor left a mark. I didn’t shoot it un suppressed because I left ear bro and it was snowing, so didn’t care to fashion makeshift ones. Anyone else have this issue?

only took it to 300yds but was sub MOA out of a ballistic advantage barrel 18” which I got months ago when that was all that was available. Having a nicer one built. If anyone cares using a NX8 4-32F1 MOAR it seamed like I went up 3 MOA for 200yds and 2MOA more for 300yds after a 100yd zero. Used the hornady black Ammo. Shooting at 5,200ft with 5mph-10mph winds and slightly snowing. Didn’t have to hold for wind

If you are using the Hornady Black 105 gr. ammo and it is measuring 2.250 you need to re seat the cartridge to 2.200 OAL. Or you can call Hornady and they will either re seat or replace it. The first two lots of the ammo were seated to long, so my guess is you have had that ammo for a few months. I had 300 rounds of it and just re seated mine.

Put a small square of the soft side of Velcro on your shell deflector to cushion the ejected case to stop the dented cases, but also check your cases before you load them, Hornady had some cases that had a small dent on the shoulder before they were loaded, not a big deal they still shoot fine.

The brass is dented because the rifle is over gassed. I bet if you would fire one without the suppressor the shoulder wouldn’t dent. When shooting a DI rifle suppressed, they run dirty but you probably know that.

Running a suppressor in a semi-auto results in nasty dirty brass. It will clean up though.

Running a suppressor in a semi-auto results in nasty dirty brass. It will clean up though.

This. OP, it sounds like you have a steep learning curve ahead of you about shooting ARs suppressed, and you'd be doing yourself a favor to read up on it.

For starters, you need to understand that adding a suppressor makes your rifle overgassed; sometimes it's tolerable, sometimes it's to the point of causing brass damage like you saw, and other times it's bad enough to cause malfunctions. Look into some way to mitigate the additional gas system pressure when the suppressor is installed; preferably with some sort of "switchblock" type gas block or a switchable bolt carrier like Bootleg's adjustable model. Done right, that can tame the system down a lot and make it much more enjoyable to shoot suppressed; it's not cheap but it is money well spent.