• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm ARC Buffer Weight

shooter50gill

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
Branson, MO
I recently bought an 18” 6mm arc upper with a rifle length gas system. Does anyone have any info or experience on a buffer weight that’ll work well with that system? It currently has a non-adjustable micro gas block on it but could be swapped for an adjustable if need be. I’d like to dial it in as is with buffer weights if possible.

Last edited:
Who's barrel are you running, and do you want rifle or carbine stock? Need a little more information to give any good advise.

Definitely get an adjustable gas block, it gives you tuning capabilities to dial it in better.

Reactions: RMB
I have a BA 6ARC 18" with Rifle Gas, and I'm running a Geissele low pro gas block. So I'm tuning with buffer also.

I have a standard Carbine Buffer and it runs just fine. It's a little punchy, so I think I may try H1 and H2 just to see how it compares.

The only malfunctions I've had are likely mag related. 3 misfeeds out of about 160 rounds. I'm using the ASC Grendel Mags, and that seems to be about par for the course based on other's experience.

If the ASC 6ARC mags are every in stock again I'm loading up.

ETA: and as I typed that ASC had some 6ARC mags in stock....I'm glad I came here to reply

Last edited:
Reactions: shooter50gill
I’ve got some tungsten weights I’ll be swapping around in my carbine buffer. I’ll let you know what seems to work best. I can set it up as a H1, 2, or 3 weight so we’ll see.

What loads are you shooting out of your BA barrel? Sounds like it may be the same barrel I’m running. I’ve got hornady 108 match and 105 black to try out.

My barrel (same BA 18") is supposed to be here Wednesday. I went ahead and ordered a Schmid tool nickel boron 2 stage trigger & Armaspec H2 with it (all for $268 shipped)! I have everything else, I believe, for this build, including an AGB.
I even have ammo and optic, pretty excited about this one!

Reactions: ut755ln