• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm ARC LMT conversion

Yes that exactly what I was refering too. Looks like they are closed for the Holidays.
Has anyone done it successfully yet?

Yes that exactly what I was refering too. Looks like they are closed for the Holidays.
Has anyone done it successfully yet?
Someone did. D. Wilson MFG did the conversion and posted pics of it on their Facebook page awhile back, but that's about all the information that was given.

Someone did. D. Wilson MFG did the conversion and posted pics of it on their Facebook page awhile back, but that's about all the information that was given.
He has videos regarding it posted to YouTube, shared here on this forum, ARFcom, etc.

Reactions: Mac679
So... it's been a while and has anyone done a 6mm ARC conversion yet?

No reason it wouldn't work. I actually like the exposed gas block look (reminds me of the mk12), as long as it isn't something crazy like a rifle length gas with a CQB upper. I've been meaning to do this myself, I've just had higher priorities lately.

Just found this thread. I had a 6mm ARC barrel converted by Dave, and just got out to the range to shoot it.

Caveat: What I am about to say does not reflect poorly on Dave's work.

The gun shot like absolute trash. I was getting 2 MOA groups AT BEST at 100 yards, and it was "all over the place" I felt like. Something is definitely up.

I'm using a 20 inch ballistic advantage barrel, Superaltive Arms bleed-off gas block, LMT gas gun, and it's just not running well at all.

Before you guys start trashing ballistic Advantage: I know. I KNOW. They are ultra hit or miss on this stuff, and I should have gone with someone else, and probably done a +2 gas system with agb in a 22 inch barrel.

I was shooting the Hornady Match 108gr ELDM 6mm ARC ammo. I'm going to try some of the Hornady black I have sitting around, to see if maybe it likes a different bullet. Needless to say I'm a tad disappointed in this venture so far. I'll try to get some handloads going to see wtf is going on, but man, I'm not happy for the 600 bucks I've dumped into a gun so far.

That's a bummer! Personally, I think ballistic advantage is really hit or miss when it comes to accuracy. If I were getting a barrel converted for a precision build, I'd test it for accuracy before spending the money getting it converted. Hopefully you can find a load that works... Or BA can help you out. Keep us posted.

That's a bummer! Personally, I think ballistic advantage is really hit or miss when it comes to accuracy. If I were getting a barrel converted for a precision build, I'd test it for accuracy before spending the money getting it converted. Hopefully you can find a load that works... Or BA can help you out. Keep us posted.
It’s nuts because my 308 gas gun is a BA barrel, and I print under 1/2 MOA groups for 10 rounds if I do my job and go slow.

I’m going to test it with some hand loads and other stuff and see what happens.

That’s why I abandoned a plan to convert my Proof barrel and use LMT’s platform. Too much to lose if something doesn’t work out.

If anyone is looking to do any conversion for the MRP Nefarious Arms is worth looking at. They have done excellent work. I will be sending in an old CQB upper for a 12.5 mid conversion, and at the same time having the chassis milled to replicate the KAC 3.1. I have heard of some long waits recently, but they do outstanding work.

I still wanna do a proof/lmt/6arc but I don’t wanna be the guinea pig.
1651993875488.gif

It's not really risky doing one of these conversions. If you know you want to jump in to 6arc, just buy a barrel from proof (or a custom barrel from a quality smith) and send it out. Or buy a faxon/BA but test shoot it in an normal AR, if it's satisfactory, send it out for conversion.

I really wouldn't worry about getting it to run. Plenty of people shooting 6arc out of normal ARs without issue. There is nothing about the LMT that would make it less reliable or unable to run. Also, pretty much anything will run with a A5H2 and a tubbs flatwire. I think people spend too much time trying to mess with the gas system. You really don't need to mess with adjustable gas blocks, brt tubes, adjustable carries ect. It's fun, I get it, but not needed most of the time to run reliably. I'd only look at that stuff if I couldn't get the rifle to run due to over gassing.

I think the only reason not get into new calibers right now is cost. I didn't have any 6mm guns before the pandemic, so I'm not in a hurry to get a 6mm while bullets and powder is expensive and scarce. I'm mostly shooting 223, 308 and 6.5 as I'm sitting on relatively cheap bullets and powder. Once I can score some reasonable powder and bullets I'll be getting into 6arc. Seems like we are almost there...