• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm ARC SBR

eugevita

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2020
Just picked up a Faxon 12.5" 6mm ARC barrel and plan to build a SBR/pistol upper. Already have an 18" 6 ARC upper but thought a shorty capable of stretching out to 800-1000 yards while still being compact would be cool. Anyone have experience putting together a similar build? Any recommendations ? I am thinking of going with a PA SLX Griffin Mil X 1-8 LPVO since it has 10 mils of elevation in the reticle and can be had for around $500. Not looking to overspend on glass since I already have other gucci builds. Appreciate any advice on the 6ARC shorty route.

I assembled a similar pistol in 6.5 Grendel, I wasn't gonna spend big optic money on a gun that'll see <500 rounds a year. The Athlon Helos BTR 2-12x has been a great fit for it. Usable at 2x and the reticle is a decent compromise between being coarse enough to be fast and fine enough for reasonable precision.

I assembled a similar pistol in 6.5 Grendel, I wasn't gonna spend big optic money on a gun that'll see <500 rounds a year. The Athlon Helos BTR 2-12x has been a great fit for it. Usable at 2x and the reticle is a decent compromise between being coarse enough to be fast and fine enough for reasonable precision.
Thank you! I actually looked at this exact optic for my 18" ARC. Might be worth revisiting, the price is right for sure. How is eye box and do the turrets feel good?

Thank you! I actually looked at this exact optic for my 18" ARC. Might be worth revisiting, the price is right for sure. How is eye box and do the turrets feel good?
Just now saw your reply. The eyebox is very average. Neither exceptional nor terrible.
The turrets are very impressive for a $500 scope, but I'll probably never use them beyond zeroing, this gun is more of the holdover type and the tree hashes are finer than the center dot anyway.