• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm BR vs 6mm BR Norma...are we talking the exact same cartridge???

BravoSector1

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 26, 2011
    Idaho
    I'm finally in a position in life to get out to the range and shoot on a regular basis. I have an AI AT on the way but looking at a 6mm cartridge that I can load and that won't dump more than 30+/- grains. I found a 26" Bartlein barrel chambered in 6BR that I thought would be a great starting point for reloading/shooting.

I've done a ton of research and there is some conflicting information regarding these two rounds. Are they one in the same??? Thank you in advance.

Was the discussion in this thread not sufficient explanation?
    1710338984733.png

Ok...they are different. I'll have to reach out to the barrel manufacturer and see if it's reamed for Norma...or Remington specs. Thank you.

Reactions: KnowNothing256
    Unless the barrel is 15 years old it should be the Norma, the rem fell out of favor a king time ago.
    Now if it was 10-5 ago then you may need to worry about the Norma vs lapua brass of the 6brnorma chambering. That’s annoying right? The Norma Norma necks are long, the lapua Norma is normal.

Unless the barrel is 15 years old it should be the Norma, the rem fell out of favor a king time ago.
    Now if it was 10-5 ago then you may need to worry about the Norma vs lapua brass of the 6brnorma chambering. That’s annoying right? The Norma Norma necks are long, the lapua Norma is normal.

Tracking on that now. I appreciate the link/info. This is a new production Bartlein for the AT AX rifles so I'm guessing it's the Norma.

Tracking on that now. I appreciate the link/info. This is a new production Bartlein for the AT AX rifles so I'm guessing it's the Norma.
    Correct, it is Norma .