• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Build Taking Shape

Jeremiah Johnson

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2019
Texas
Picked up my Impact Action today. This thing is damn nice. Definitely a step up from my Defiance Tenacity on my deer rifle.

Just ordered the Foundation Genesis 2 (MG2) stock with Hawkins bottom metal.. Owner of Foundation is a lefty, so he had exactly what I wanted in stock.

Now on to barrels. 6 BR, 6BRA, GayTiger, Dasher are on the table. Any others that I should be looking at?

I know BR and GT are probably the easiest. But can use Lapua Brass with the BR, BRA and Dasher.

Looks like Alpha makes brass for the Gay Tiger and Dasher.

I have a Trigger Tech Diamond on my deer rifle and was thinking going with the same on this. Not sure what else I should look at.

It looks like I can find Dasher and GT barrels in stock. Any places I should look for prefits on the other calibers?

Last edited:
For myself, I have built 6mmBR, 243, and 6mmRem rifles in heavy and lightweight.
I like the 6mmBR lightweight the best on Rem700 SA, but I use it single shot... too short to feed.

Attachments

• buck antelope 6mmBR Rem700 2016.jpg
    buck antelope 6mmBR Rem700 2016.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: Jeremiah Johnson
Ok here we go. Bought the parts for the start of this build. Went with 6 Dasher as I am impatient and found a barrel in stock. Really excited.

Impact 737 Action
Proof Research Steel Barrel in 6mm Dasher
Foundation Genesis 2 Stock
Hawkins M5 Bottom Metal
Trigger Tech Diamond Trigger
Area 419 Hellfire Brake
Full length Arca Rail
B&T Atlas Bipod

Will probably put my Leica 5-30 PRS scope on it.

Now I need some Dies. What dies are yall using for Dasher? I am using Alpha OCD DASHER Brass.