• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Creedmoor 105 Freebore Question

aard3

Private
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2011
    Louisiana
    Just got my barreled action back from my smith... he recommended .105 freebore since I was planning on shooting 105 hybrids... said it would allow me to chase the lands some.

I measured the lands with the hornady tool, and I'm ending up with a COAL of 2.635" if I back off the lands .010.

1.) 2.635" seams a lot shorter than most guys...Does that sound normal for a 105fb?

2.) I see most are using 41-42gr of H4350 and 2.8" COAL... does anyone have an idea as to what charge of H4350 I should start at with my COAL?

Thanks

Can't tell you col. but .100 to .120 is a nice amount for 105s so I'd go ahead with that reamer.

I think I had the same FB on one of my 6 Creed barrels. It's short, but it works. I was using 42.1 grains of H4350 with that barrel, and speed was good.