• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 6mm creedmoor best factory ammo?

SplittyG

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2020
Alright getting a 6 creed built and want to run factory ammo for awhile, was curious what the most consistent ammo is you guys have found. Looking at prime with the 115s or hornady with the 108 eldm or any other suggestions.

I'm running 6.5 creedmoor, but for what its worth my vote is for hornady. I use strictly factory ammo as I dont have the resources or knowledge to reload myself and hornady is pretty damn consistent in my experience, I haven't had any problems with them. I also run federal gold medal if the shop i get ammo from is out of hornady, which is just about every other day lately

Reactions: SplittyG
I get an SD of 9.8 with Hornady Match 108 6 Creedmoor. The barrel needs broken in to achieve that, but it's just consistent.

I get an SD of 9.8 with Hornady Match 108 6 Creedmoor. The barrel needs broken in to achieve that, but it's just consistent.
Awesome I’m gona have to give that a shot Plus it’s a bit cheaper than prime. What barrel length are you running? I went with 26 but am seeing some guys say the 24” is better for the 6 creed.

If Berger makes 6 Creed, go that route.

I ran their 6.5 Creed ammo and it was awesome, and was loaded using Lapua SRP brass. Hard to beat for $26 a box.

Awesome I’m gona have to give that a shot Plus it’s a bit cheaper than prime. What barrel length are you running? I went with 26 but am seeing some guys say the 24” is better for the 6 creed.

I'm running a 26". That's 1 inch for tennon and 25" exposed. It doesn’t matter really. Its just a little velocity. It shoots great. I know plenty of guys with 24 to 27 inch 6 creeds. They all shoot.

I have ran a lot of the 105 Berger ammo and it has SDs of right at 10 for me, not bad for factory. I did have one batch that I had some failure to fire with but Berger made them up. It was 8 rounds of the same lot#.

If Berger makes 6 Creed, go that route.

I ran their 6.5 Creed ammo and it was awesome, and was loaded using Lapua SRP brass. Hard to beat for $26 a box.
I’ll check that out for sure that’s the same price I can pick up hornady for, if I can find it for $26 per box I’m definitely going that route. Thanks!

Berger
Prime
Federal Gold Medal
Hornady

Those would be the top choices but I doubt you'll find anything at the price mentioned above of $26 per box.

Berger
Prime
Federal Gold Medal
Hornady

Those would be the top choices but I doubt you'll find anything at the price mentioned above of $26 per box.

God i fuckin wish. 26 a box would be insane. I was excited I found some for 37 a box, still hasn’t shipped yet so we’ll see if it’s too good to be true. Only places locally that have any in stock have it for 40

The Hornady match and fggm both shoot great in my Seekins Havak. I really haven’t found a factory load in 6cm that hasn’t shot decent.... except the Sierra game king... that shot like dog shit