• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Creedmoor (Forming and shenanigans)

uscbigdawg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Hi guys,

I've got a TON of Winchester 6.5CM lying around and given I had a 6mm Proof barrel lying around, figured why not go 6CM.

1. I understand that forming is as easy as putting it into a FL sizing die. Anyone know what the "normal," non-bushing dimension is and as a result what the corresponding neck bushing one would order?

2. I know 105gr Berger's are probably the gold standard on 6CM, but wanted to see what kind of success (and failures) folks have had with 107 & 110gr. SMK's.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure on the Win brass but a .270 bushing works great on Hornady brass with the 6mm Creed. Should be fairly close as the Win 6.5 brass is similar.

Not sure on the Win brass but a .270 bushing works great on Hornady brass with the 6mm Creed. Should be fairly close as the Win 6.5 brass is similar.

I'm fairly certain that the Winchester brass is just branded Hornady manufacture.

I've had success with 107 mk, I would say try some 105 RDF's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've had success with 107 mk, I would say try some 105 RDF's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I converted about 2 boxes of Lapua to 6mm about 3 years ago. To the best of my memory, I stepped it down in 2-3 stages.

So for you even the 105gr Berger Hybrids were a no bueno?

Everyone uses the 105 Hybrids. At points during the year they can get hard to get. 105 RDF'S are always in stock, cheaper, and fly incredibly well. I'm working through a box of 107 matchkings right now and I'm seriously considering going back to the RDF's.

The Hornady 108 ELD-M or 105 BTHP are also options.

Everyone uses the 105 Hybrids. At points during the year they can get hard to get. 105 RDF'S are always in stock, cheaper, and fly incredibly well. I'm working through a box of 107 matchkings right now and I'm seriously considering going back to the RDF's.

Gotcha. Make sense