• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Creedmoor H4350 Large Rifle Magnum Primers load data

CobraCharmer

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2022
Bucks County, PA
Hi All,
I have a little over 2k Large Rifle Magnum Primers that I bought for my 7PRC and am now looking into using that to reload some 6mm Creedmoor ammo. I do have H4350 showing up in a few days but wanted to know if anyone could share some load data with me on that front.

I know that I might need to tone down the powder charge by a factor of 5% or so to accommodate the stouter primer, but I was hoping to hear more from the rest of y'all especially around SD and ES spreads. I will be reloading the 105 Berger VLDs with H4350.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
CC

Pinned post with 25 pages of load data. Or use the search function.

Here is my load
AI-AX 28in 1-7.5 Bartlein
Peterson Brass
WLRP
Berger 109 Hy
H-4350 39.3 ( could load it hotter but groups opened up)
AVG FPS 3036
SD 8.5
ES 18.1
No one I know uses LR Mag primers. The Winchester I am using says it can be used for both.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: CobraCharmer
Magnum primers may give you a pressure spike early into ignition. I used small magnum primers in a 6.5 C and made it work but the standard large rifle are much easier to tune a load.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Hi All,
I have a little over 2k Large Rifle Magnum Primers that I bought for my 7PRC and am now looking into using that to reload some 6mm Creedmoor ammo. I do have H4350 showing up in a few days but wanted to know if anyone could share some load data with me on that front.

I know that I might need to tone down the powder charge by a factor of 5% or so to accommodate the stouter primer, but I was hoping to hear more from the rest of y'all especially around SD and ES spreads. I will be reloading the 105 Berger VLDs with H4350.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
CC

velocity gian will be anywhere from ~ -30fps to ~ +30 fps to non-magnum primer.

ES/SD depend of your primer-powder combination, powder weight and other components.