• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Creedmoor, here to stay?

More popular for sure with the factory support it has and as much as the 6.5 Creed has taken off. Next you'll see small primer 6 Creed brass at things will really pick up.

I think it may have a difficult time holding it's current popularity given the push in 6.5 bullets into the 0.330 and 0.351 G7 BC range. Do you guys think it's the availability of factory ammunition/support that will build the popularity in it? It seems like it's more of a high cost to benefit cartridge that may become less worth it unless 6mm bullets are pushed to higher BC's. I could be wrong though.

If more factory ammo offerings isnt produced, itll be just another competition cartridge. Factory ammo and factory rifle chamberings are what dictate a cartridges popularity and lifespan. Only a small percentage of shooters reload when you look at it from a different perspective. And that small % isnt enough to push a cartridge into mainstream. The 6.5 CM on the other hand, is here to stay.

Last edited:
I think it will take off...took a few years for 6.5creed to gain traction. If you look at the 6.5guys stats for last year there was a pretty large spike in 6mm use over 6.5 in the PRS match. None of the top 6mm cartridges offer affordable factory loads but Hornady dipped their toe in for the 6creedmoor. I think the factory load from hornady needs a bit more powder stuffed in the case to be an offering fitting the cartridge but as with all things revisions likely will be made.

Lapua releasing 6.5cm brass here real soon, neck down to 6
6xc has a lot of love, pert much same thing in lapua brass n small primer
whats not to like