• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm creedmoor IMR4451 & Vihtavouri N160 in RPR

Perry41arms

Private
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2018
Load data I have developed for my 6mm creedmoor Ruger Precision Rifle.

Powder - IMR 4451 - 42gr
AOL - 2.792"
Case - Hornady
Bullet - 108 ELD match
Primer - CCI 250
Velocity - 2950 - 2970fps
Best Group size - .4MOA

Powder - Vihtavouri N160 - 43.2gr
AOL - 2.8"
Case - Hornady
Bullet - 108 ELD match
Primer - CCI 250
Velocity - 3035- 3050 fps
Best Group size - .35MOA

What are your SDs and Esso for the 4451 powder? Curious cause mine were not as good as I hoped but it was fairly accurate as well in my RAP rebedded in a Boyd's At1 stock.

My ES was around 10fps with the 4451. I had around 5fps ES with the n160. I recently got a magnetospeed and I will be doing more load development with a few more powders in the IMR range and the Vihtavouri powders.
I unfortunately do not have a lot of powders at my disposal as I live in South Africa. I want to push loads a little hotter. I shot a sub .1moa group yesterday with the N160 load but I think it was luck as I am a consistent submoa shooter, not sub half moa or even sub .1moa shooter. I have an annealing made perfect machine on its way and I believe it will lower the ES even more.

I have been looking for the 115s but I cant seem to find them where I live. I will be doing a bit of load development with the Nosler 105 custom comps, 105 RDF, 107SMK, 110SMK and the 105 lapua scenars. The RDFs are looking very promising. I have started moly coating all my bullets and I have gained quite a lot of velocity as well as lowered the pressure. I will keep posting updates on that as I have them