• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm creedmoor muzzle brake suggestions

Chasingpro

Captain
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2020
Texas
Hey everyone. I just bought a 6mm creedmoor and would like to put a muzzle brake on it to mitigate the most amount of recoil I can. I currently have the vg6 gamma on my 308 and I’m not a fan. Looking for suggestions on what to buy!

But fair warning ... be ready to piss off the guy on the bench next to you.

Reactions: TACC
APA Little Bastard or the ACE brake...you won't be disappointed with either one.

Of the brake?
Of the POI?
Of the barrel during recoil?
The barrel. It is timed properly too. It get strong movement to the right when I fire. Haven’t had accuracy issues, but reacquiring the target is problematic.

Check out the PVA Jet4. Excellent recoil mitigation but also sends the blast more away from the shooter. They are on sale now too. @bohem Josh the owner is here on the Hide is any questions.

The barrel. It is timed properly too. It get strong movement to the right when I fire. Haven’t had accuracy issues, but reacquiring the target is problematic.

APA GEN 3 Lil bastard
Hawkins Tank
Area 419 Hellfire
above mentioned PVA offering

All good brakes.

In my unsolicited opinion, what you are describing has little to do with the brake and more to do with your fundamental rifle handling.

Hey everyone. I just bought a 6mm creedmoor and would like to put a muzzle brake on it to mitigate the most amount of recoil I can. I currently have the vg6 gamma on my 308 and I’m not a fan. Looking for suggestions on what to buy!

Get a supressor you uncivilized barbarian

Muscle Brake

Cheaper copy

It's not the brake. It's you.

How do I know? I have the same exact brake on a 13 lb 308 Winchester and I don't have that problem.

Howa 1500 308 17".jpg

if you think the brake is inducing lateral movement, take it off and shoot a few groups. then tell us what happened.

it is possible that it has a manufacturing defect causing the movement, but unlikely. another test would be to spin it 180 degrees and lock it up again, if the lateral movement is in the other direction then its more likely to be the brake, if not its you, or something else screwy with the rifle/rest etc.

Reactions: ma smith

That's a link to what the pros use. The majority use APA brakes. They APA brake also had the second most recoil mitigation when he tested them. I'd get a little bastard. I don't think they make a fat bastard in 6mm/243.

Your current brake or the rifle itself is not causing your lateral movement under recoil. You are causing this.

Go get a class from a reputable instructor and spend your money there before upgrading your equipment.

Shoots a 6mm and wants LESS recoil...

Tell me, do you even eat the soy, or just inject that shit straight into your veins?
Imagine commenting on a post from 4 months ago to insult someone...What's it like to have LDS?

Reactions: spife7980