• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Dasher Comparators

FNG1001

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2022
USA
I'll be running an Impact 737r with Prefit barrels and 6mm Dasher Alpha brass.

Question is: which size SAC comparator to use? Looking at the product page, 3 variations are supported:
  1. 6mm x 40° .275” Neck, .060” Neck Shoulder Radius
  2. 6mm x 40° 273” Neck, .060” Neck Shoulder Radius
  3. Alpha 6mm Dasher (Alpha Legacy Reamed Chamber)
Will be using Forster 6mm Dasher FL sizing die (stem removed) + 0.002 mandrel.

The dimensions of the brass listed are:
I.D. .241"
O.D. .2675"
Loaded Diameter .269"
Dia. Tolerance +/- .0005

Depends on the reamer, not the brass. You’ll probably be fine with the 275 neck.

Reactions: FNG1001
Depends on the reamer, not the brass. You’ll probably be fine with the 275 neck.
Thanks! I forgot to look at the reamer specs used on the prefits.

Im assuming for the ones listed as, would imply i need at least the 0.275" neck diameter:
.274 Neck Dia. and .135 Freebore

Im not sure what specs the Alpha Legacy reamer uses.

Thanks! I forgot to look at the reamer specs used on the prefits.

Im assuming for the ones listed as, would imply i need at least the 0.275" neck diameter:
.274 Neck Dia. and .135 Freebore

Im not sure what specs the Alpha Legacy reamer uses.
The Alpha comparator would work on brass that came out of a normal Dasher chamber or an Alpha reamed chamber which is why I recommended it.

Reactions: K80/6.5
I have the .273 x 40 and the Alpha comparator and they both work the same for me. And I'd expect the .275 would also do exactly the same.

Reactions: FNG1001
I have the .273 x 40 and the Alpha comparator and they both work the same for me. And I'd expect the .275 would also do exactly the same.
it took me a while to find the reamer specs, but i think the 0.275 would grab more of the shoulder, make it more reliable reading than the 0.273.

it took me a while to find the reamer specs, but i think the 0.275 would grab more of the shoulder, make it more reliable reading than the 0.273.
Me personally don't believe that it's a good idea to chamber my gun to brass it's easy to shaper the brass to my gun