• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Dasher Dies Recommendation

Jeremiah Johnson

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2019
Texas
Just got a new Dasher barrel and looking to reload some Dasher. I am using Alpha OCD Brass.

What dies are you guys using. Whidden, Redding, Forster? What do yall recommend?

I am wanting to go full length on the sizing die.

thanks

I've used Whidden sizing and seating dies for my Dasher for years. No complaints

Forster is solid as well. Just had them hone my 6BRA sizing die and using the dasher micrometer seater.

Able to find the Whidden and Redding type S sizing dies. The SAC and Forster appear to be sold out every where I am looking. Although the Redding is only available in the 3 die set.

Check bison tactical they usually stock the br based stuff.

I've been using a Forster and a Redding Type S. I haven't sent the Forster in for honing as I have a batch of brass with turned necks I use it for. Both have worked great.

I just received a Harrell's bushing die that should be tighter in the body to work better with a snug chamber one of my barrels has. Pretty nice service, you send in 3 pieces of 3x+ fired brass, they measure it, and send you the most appropriate die from their lineup. If I recall, they have 8 different sizes they make. ~$100ish.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
I'm new to the Dasher, I have the SAC sizer and Forester micrometer seater. Can't really post a meaningful review but they were both available and should be good dies.

Looks like for full length sizing dies its either Widden or buy the entire Redding set to get the body die and neck sizing die. Really wanted the Short Action Customs. Wish they were in stock.