• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Dasher go gauge

UndFrm

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2022
CA
Would anyone be able to help me with the go gauge interchangibility for the Go gauges?

I found a couple of charts mentioning which ones can be used to test which others, but none of them specifically mention the 6mm Dasher. Still learning about the headspaces and not a 100% sure on how one cartridge's go gauge can be used for another unless the length from the bottom of the cartridge to the datum is exactly the same for another cartridge, which I don't think is quite common.

Thank you

Generally speaking, a go gauge is interchangeable when the minimum headspace is the same for another cartridge. Mostly this happens in "family" cartridge types where it's something like the neck diameter is the only difference. Think stuff like 6.5cm 6cm and 22cm. Or 6 dasher and 22 dasher.

You can also manually check using the print specified datum gauge (not a comparator) to measure base to shoulder of the go gauge and then see if it matches the minimum headspace of your cartridge.

Reactions: UndFrm
As far as Dasher specifically, since there is no SAAMI or CIP print, it's a fair chance you'll see a bunch of different reamer/chamber specs (which means different go gauge). Which makes it hard to have a standard size for a go gauge. That's why you won't see it mentioned too much. Too many variations.