• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm matchkings

josephberry

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2009
N Georgia
My rifle is set up for the 95mk, would like to try the 107. Anyone know how much longer(from base to ogive) the 107 is than the 95.

Re: 6mm matchkings

If your rifle is actually "set up" for the 95's, you'll have to settle for the 105 Amax as a maximum. I don't think you'll be able to use the 107's.

the 107s are 1.216 long. the 107s have to have a 7 or 8 twist. unless you have a match barrel chances are you'll never be able to stabilize them. if you calculate it out in a 10 twist barrel you'll have to get it over 4,000fps and that might work for just one shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My rifle is set up for the 95mk, would like to try the 107. Anyone know how much longer(from base to ogive) the 107 is than the 95. </div></div>

Tell us more about your rifle. What is the caliber and the twist of your barrel?
I've shot a few 107SMK in various calibers, but with an 1 in 8 twist. That is Sierra's recommendation.

6x47 Lapua 8 twist, just looking for someone to measure a 107mk from base to ogive to see how far down it will be seated. I'm fairly sure a 8 twist will spin it.