• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Nosler Custom Comp 105's

dmgreene

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2007
Old Salem, AL
Has anybody tried these yet? They are listed on Midway now but there is no info on Nosler's website yet or a least anything that I can find. It lists the BC as .593 on Midway, this has got to be a misprint, lie or a dream come true if they will shoot worth a crap. This is a better BC than any 6mm bullet that I have found.

David

Re: 6mm Nosler Custom Comp 105's

I know they are fragile. Tried em' at 3550 in my 244 H&H and they blew up about 20 yards downrange,

I'd like to know how they handle when they don't blow up. I'm looking for a good target grade bullet for a 6-223 I have in process. Velocity with this would be no more than about 27-2800 fps.

So far I've seen the 95 and 105 Amax should have some decent BC's. Application will be mostly 600y paper and the odd woodchuck dumb enough to poke his head out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to know how they handle when they don't blow up. . </div></div>
Yeah that's what I want to know too and if the listed BC is correct. .593 seems mighty high for 105 gr. bullet. The 105 Amax is listed at .500.

David

I dont know about the rest of you fellas, but i absolutly do not like nosler bullets!!! I havent found a single nosler bullet that any of my 6 rifles will shoot. I dont know why, they just do not shoot well for me. I dont think i will ever buy another Nosler bullet. Lee

Can't speak for the "rest of the fellows", but the Nosler .308 168 J4's shoot great in my rifles. Especially with 4895. JMHO

I have had great luck with the 69gr 224 bullets.

directed towards the actual subject I would almost guarentee the bc is under .50 since nosler comp bullets are always lower than amaxs of the same weight, I would bet that if anything it is .493.

just my .02cents and some might argue its not worth that.

scott

Thread resurrection. Has anybody had anymore experience with these bullets. I see that there is a revised BC on the 6mm 105's. Something like .517 which is pretty good for an inexpensive bullet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thread resurrection. Has anybody had anymore experience with these bullets. I see that there is a revised BC on the 6mm 105's. Something like .517 which is pretty good for an inexpensive bullet. </div></div>

I checked them out and notice everybody that handles them look different than what Nosler shows, Nosler site shows a smaller boattail, I might try them, cant speak for the rest of you guys, but Ive always had good luck with Nosler bullets, very accurate.
Id be trying them in my 6 Creed.

105gr Nosler Custom Competitions the G7 BC seems to be about 0.230, from my experience.