• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Rem Improved

7mm-08 Freak

Medic
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2010
San Angelo TX
Is anyone messing with the 6mm Improved anymore? I scored a pile of 6.5x57 brass new last week and it works in my 6mm Rem after FL sizing just fine. Im thinking aboiut going with a new build and doing a 6mm Improved. tell my why I shouldn't

I had a Browning B 78 re-barreled with a Brux in 6mm AI. Haven’t shot it as much as I would like. RL 26 seems to be the powder to use from what I have read, but it’s unobtainable.

Back in the day had one. It was great hunting rifle shot 100 gr bullet 3400 fps. Just didn't last to long like 800 rds

Id rather do something that has great brass. 6-6.5-284 or 6-6.5x55, both of which can be had in lapua brass. Simple neck-down, and no fire-forming needed.

Reactions: Schw15
6mm AI was one of my first wildcats, and is the only one I still have.

I start will 7x57 and run it in the 6mm FL sizer. Fireform with cream of wheat, then neck turn.

I have a tight neck chamber, so I have to turn before loading and firing a full load.

20190702_100300.jpg

Quite a bit of work, but I like the process...

It's a hunting rifle that doesn't even get used every season, so the original batch of 50 pcs will likely last my lifetime.