• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 6mmBR ejection

dmgreene

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2007
Old Salem, AL
Are there any tricks out there to make a M700 eject 6BR cases more reliably? Most of the time the cases just fall back down on top of the follower.

Thanks,
David

Re: 6mmBR ejection

I'm not having a problem with extraction, only with ejection. Are you saying that M16 extractor will help with ejection?

Thanks,
David

I would take the ejector out, and the spring, clean them up and see if that helps, if not, then maybe you can stretch the ejector spring a little bit and see if that helps.

Dave

Yes...I got mine to eject perfectly.

The plunger that ejects the case needs to stick out further so it has more throw. You need to grind the slot on the plunger where the cross pin rides. Grind it back so the pin sticks out further. Go a little and test, then go some more. You can realy get the brass to fly..

Works great for the 6x47's too..

Thanks Glen, I knew there had to be an easy fix. That was the way I leaning toward. I didn't know if maybe somebody made an aftermarket plunger or if the factory plunger could be modified. By the way my first set of Seekins rings are sitting on this rifle and I don't think that they will be my last. Great product

Thanks,
David

Glen has it.. that will fix it, but a warning, a little bit goes a long way! A small increase in ejector length results in some serious case air time! Dont ask, was playing with different length ejectors and was astound the difference it makes!

Cheers

I did exactly that to my R700 Ti elk rifle chambered in 6.5-284 and it worked like a charm.

I went out and ground the slot out in .010" increments. I ended up lengthening the slot .030". This put the end of the ejector plunger even with rim of the bolt and it works perfectly now. Thanks for the advice.

David

Glad you like the rings
smile.gif

A friend was having this issue with a 6x47. His brass goes about 15' feet from the rifle. A little bit made it go a loooooong ways. Glad yours worked out.