• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mmBR Hornady Dies: Good buy or Hard pass?

Slowbalt

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2021
Eastern Canada
Looking at trying my hand at a new 6mmBR, and looking for a budget set of dies. I want something affordable as I am in no way going to compete internationally, but still have decent results. If that means anything, my whole setup is LEE, and if they made a set, I would have bought it instinctually whitout question. So, is the Hornady offering a good buy?

Link to the set in question: https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....m-br-remington-(point243)-match-grade-die-set

I would consider the Forster dies . Good dies for the money .

Reactions: Slowbalt
I would look at the Forster bushing sizing die 070-BBK2301 and the Forster Micrometer seating die 070-U00037
Micrometer Seater Die
Pre-Selected Bushings
070-BBK2301
070-U00037

It seems like this is more expensive but after you figure in the cost of the bushings it's really not much more.
I was going to suggest the bushing die also but budget and the fact he was not going to compete steered me away from that .

Reactions: Slowbalt