• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mmbr loading dies.

Wisconsinner

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Appleton, WI
I want to get some loading for my 6mmbr done, but what dies? The commercial dies say they are for 6mmbr Remington. I know Norma upgraded the case, and now even new tolerances are due to Lapua making brass. My question is without paying for custom dies will I be okay with a brand like Rcbs or Hornady?:confused::confused:

Check Harrell's out. They stock dies for the 6BR in several different sizes. Just send them some fired brass, and they'll send you some nice dies. There not much more than cookie cutter dies.

Forster Benchrest or ultra full length die set in 6mmBR Norma. Lapua brass is for the Norma round.

I also use the Forster set.
I had the FL die honed out to 0.265" for $10 at Forster on one of the their Hardinge collet lathes.

My reamer is a .272" neck [tight, but no turn].

I got a lifetime supply of Lapua and RP brass.
I cannot see any difference in accuracy.
They are both way better than me.

Redding offers only 6mm BR dies, no difference between Norma and Remington. The case is the same, the difference being in the throat, what the reamer cut. 6mmbr Rem was for 70gr and under bullets, Norma 6mmbr is throated for heavier bullets.

Kind of like 6.5x284 Winchester-Norma, the dies are the same.