• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6x47 sizing neck bushing

BenjaminMartin6.5

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 5, 2018
Florida
I'm setting up Redding full length sizer with neck bushings and need to know what size to start with.

Thanks for the help!

I think a .268 would be a good starting point. Right now with 110 Sierras I am using a .267. Case mouth on a loaded rd measures just under .270", and farther down the neck it is just under .271".

Thank you, does it matter as to what bullet I end up using?
Well, not sure, I know I ran .268 with a hybrid.
Did not want to go into length, but on this batch of brass, I necked down with a Forster non bushing die with expander ball removed, then necked up a .242" carbide expander. Seating force felt like shit, then I annealed again before even firing it, went down to . 267 and it has been working extremely well going into 3rd firing. I anneal after each firing.
You can see I created my own train wreck and had to fix it.
Only once have I ever relied on one size bushing for a case, that was .286 for 6.5x47, worked for 6-7 barrels. So be prepared to experiment.

I'm using a custom honed Forster FL die with a .268 also, on
no turned Lapua brass.
I have some I turned and had to go down to a .266
This is on Lapua brass thats been sized down from 6.5
There's new brass coming out in 6x47 and guessing it would take less than .268