• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6X5 Thread V5.0 *new 1/1/21*

Sorry for the delay. I have been busy training for this up coming race season, so I haven't been keeping a close eye on the thread. Nice rifles Middle Man! How do you like that Burris on your Anschutz?

Sorry for the delay. I have been busy training for this up coming race season, so I haven't been keeping a close eye on the thread. Nice rifles Middle Man! How do you like that Burris on your Anschutz?

Really like the XTRII series, have three rifles set up with them. The 5-25 is absolute overkill on the Anschutz (overkill never fails, right). It was a bit of a challenge to get mounted. Also, I was a bit skeptical about the SCR style reticle at first (I run GB2's or older style mildots elsewhere), but I got comfortable with it quickly in actual use.

Nice to see this up and running again ! I blame V1 for stoking and kindling my hidden obsession with ultimate rimfire accuracy . Shooting has become so much more enjoyable spending my invaluable time at the range and not down in the reloading room . My Trigger time has quadrupled in the last couple years , and my wallet has had quite a workout . Yes being at the mercy of the manufactures ammunition can be maddening , but all the testing is still trigger practice .

Still have the CZ , and will get it warmed up for a new set of 6 x 5 V 3 . And I will for fun see what my ARA Unlimited can do .

While testing flash hole diameters in 223, ended up with some left over aimpoints.
Rather than waste them, sent a box of Hornady 17 gr vmax. Sub-moa average at 100 yards.
Actually pretty good results with wind from my 8 at 10 to 16 mph.
CZ 455 Varmint, set trigger, Lilja 17 hmr barrel on a cheap set of bags.
Mueller 8-32X44 Target reticle

0.856 inch/0.818 moa average for the 6 groups
Best group 0.625 inches/0.597 moa.

YsIgkqD.jpg

With the chronograph out front, the box of 50 had the best results
from a box of 17 hmr in my last 3 deliveries.
2609 fps low, 2772 fps high and an average of 2714 fps.
Not match quality, but decent hunting ammo.

Rthur, get me some measurements and Ill get you on the results. Plus I would love to see a pic of your MPR!

Will do.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i752.photobucket.com\/albums\/xx164\/rthur\/DSC02899.jpg"}[/IMG2]
Measurements
All ctc
.896 .846
.523 .547
.712 .469

​​​​​​​R

Last edited:
Okay, got some center X and shot it before and after bedding this into a tacticool. I the same accuracy result as with Norma match before changing the stock and a marked improvement after putting it into the pillared and bedded Tacticool. I think the difference is simply that the ergonomics of the new stock just work better for me. Regardless of the reason, I'm quite happy with the results as I am still running a factory CZ barrel. There will be a bit more testing with both Norma and CenterX to settle on what this thing is going to eat full time but it's going the right direction!

p34Btb4.jpg

kf2CMP3.jpg

Did you try it with and without the can? Just curious if it made a difference. I have heard that it does and does not from different shooters.

Irish

First crack at this. Inconsistent on my part, and missed the wind change here and there. Ruger 10/22T, Kidd trigger, EGW rail, and Leupold 3.5-10x40 Mil Ret/MOA turrets.

IMG_3761.JPG

Very nice guys, I have you both on the results. Sorry for the delay I was racing a 24 hour this weekend...

Did you try it with and without the can? Just curious if it made a difference. I have heard that it does and does not from different shooters.

Irish

I have shot it with and without the can through most of my ammo testing over the last year (15 or so diff types) and found no measurable difference as long as I clean the can every 250rds or so. I had this can on a pistol for a weekend of goofing around, put about 500 rds through it and then put it on the rifle and I saw about a 1/4" shift in POI and the groups opened up a little.

Been quiet here for a while, so here's a new entry. I'd imagine there will be quite a few to come from all the new Vudoo's around here in the near future that will knock this 6x5 way down the ladder.

6 group average of .256"
Sure wish I could have that second group back!

Vudoo v-22
Nightforce 7-35 Mil-C
AAC Element II
SK Rifle Match
50 yd. bipod w/ rear bag

Attachments

• photo86574.jpg
    photo86574.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 300
Tnshoot, nice shooting. I have you on the results. I am looking forward to seeing how all the V-22 rifles do, I am expecting some small groups! I have a few more months before my barrel will be ready before I can get back in the ring and start mixing it up with you guys, getting anxious!

Went out this morning with the temperature around 34* with 5-9 MPH breeze. It was kind of cold. This target shooting is really difficult. I need to figure out how to stop the heartbeat when aiming. LOL

Target is 55 yards away. Ammo was SK Rifle Match. Scope is Razor HD LH 3-15x42 with G4 BDC reticle set at 15x. The center floating dot would just cover the 1/8" target dots.

a8DEHxT.jpg

lV8mlDB.jpg

Flyer on first target on top left was the first shot and might be from a cold barrel. The flyer on the last target is due to choking. :)

Qey7pGO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tnichols
Beautiful range Fret! Get me some group sizes and I will add you to the results! Also is that a Fortner action, maybe a 1727? Would love to see more pics and more 6X5's from that rifle!

Beautiful range Fret! Get me some group sizes and I will add you to the results! Also is that a Fortner action, maybe a 1727? Would love to see more pics and more 6X5's from that rifle!

Thanks, I had to thin out a lot of trees and remove the stumps to dig that backstop. I don't think these groups are good enough to add to your results though. I need a lot more practice to get better.

Yeah, it's a 1727. Got it a few months ago and it sure is a lot of fun. I should shoot my other gun more but I seem to always grab the Fortner every time. LOL

BkNJT1n.jpg

Up to you, but feel free to add as many contributions as you want, whenever you better a result Ill remove your previous so only your best will show (with that particular rifle).

I can see why you always grab the 1727, it is dead sexy! I look forward to more targets from it!

Went out this morning with the temperature around 34* with 5-9 MPH breeze. It was kind of cold. This target shooting is really difficult. I need to figure out how to stop the heartbeat when aiming. LOL

Target is 55 yards away. Ammo was SK Rifle Match. Scope is Razor HD LH 3-15x42 with G4 BDC reticle set at 15x. The center floating dot would just cover the 1/8" target dots.

a8DEHxT.jpg

lV8mlDB.jpg

Flyer on first target on top left was the first shot and might be from a cold barrel. The flyer on the last target is due to choking. :)

Qey7pGO.jpg

Love the range and the weather!

It is good to see you back here, I sure hope all is well with you and yours! I look forward to getting my Anschutz back so I can start contributing to this again!

100 yards
Remington 40 XRBR
SK Rifle Match (2.1 mils ele)
30* gusty 2-10 mph

First pic was shot on Sat, with avg 1.47"
Group 5-6 really started to shine with the 5/8" group being my last group and my best group. (I shot from L->R on bottom then R->L on top)

Second pic was on Sunday and didn't measure it. Worse than the first.

Was surprisingly fun shooting paper tho. Pretty consistent for both days would be getting a nice little group and get a flier. lame-oh.

Regards,
DT

Attachments

• Rimfire 1.jpg
    Rimfire 1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 200
  • Rimfire 2.jpg
    Rimfire 2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 202
Not too bad for 30f and gusty winds, those are not easy conditions at 100 yards! I have you on the results.

Shot this at 9:15 Am almost no wind.
Gun is a vudoo action with 20” barrel
Bedded in a kmw sentinel , Bix and Andy tac sport Trigger ,kahles skmr 3 in a sphur mount.
Shot at 50 yards with Thunderbolt ammo off bipod and rear bag.
J/K it was Midas plus. Fired from top left to right then bottom left to right.
First shot was low or that one would have been .127 but I got in the zone after that, last group I actually had some decent mirage in the scope and it cost me. but I didn’t want to wait because the wind might have picked up.
AF639563-7582-4CF3-933C-3C443BE6C5B8.jpeg
934AC032-7FF5-448C-A2CD-09C6426D58AE.jpeg

Very nice rifle and excellent shooting, this target is right up at the top for all the years we (Bob and I) have been doing the 6X5. I am looking forward to seeing more of these V-22's on here! I anticipate seeing some amazing results this year.

What barrel do you have on your rifle and was it installed by Vudoo?

Thank you, Yes it was a barreled action from them
I believe it is a bartlein barrel. I have been shooting wolf ME mostly which will deliver tiny groups but not as consistently, I had 3 old boxes of Midas plus and they shot slightly worse than wolf. Yesterday was the first day well above freezing so I went to my reloading room to grab ammo, all I had was 1 sealed brick of Midas plus it’s about 4 years old, and Hallelujah she loves it.
Next nice day I’m going to shoot the 100
Hopefully the stars align again.

Well I was hoping to take a stab at this last weekend, but the winds were ridiculous. Soon.

However I did want to post the target sheet I made to use in case anyone else would like to print it out and give it a try.
I'm open to suggestions for improvements.

6x5Challenge.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: sparkyv
Damn, that sure beats the hell out of my sharpie on printer paper targets.... Nice!

Well I was hoping to take a stab at this last weekend, but the winds were ridiculous. Soon.

However I did want to post the target sheet I made to use in case anyone else would like to print it out and give it a try.
I'm open to suggestions for improvements.

View attachment 6883227
Love your design , I have only 2 suggestions
1. make the orange area white( I’m cheap and office max copies are too if it’s black and white , 600% more for any color)
2. The center aim point , a slightly larger white center black outlined diamond, currently it measures about 1/16 printed out , a little bigger , (maybe 1/8 to 3/16 inside ) and white ,helps you see where your cross hair/dot is sitting.

Thank You for your work on this ,Really Top Notch.

Sean,

That Voodoo is a lovely little beast. Fine shooting too. You have the right ammo. What magnification or range of is your Kahles and how do you like it? Well done!

Irish

Love your design , I have only 2 suggestions
1. make the orange area white( I’m cheap and office max copies are too if it’s black and white , 600% more for any color)
2. The center aim point , a slightly larger white center black outlined diamond, currently it measures about 1/16 printed out , a little bigger , (maybe 1/8 to 3/16 inside ) and white ,helps you see where your cross hair/dot is sitting.

Awesome feedback. Just what I was looking for.

You are dead right about the colored background on the diamond. I print out on a B/W laser printer so that comes out grey with black lines. Low contrast and not very helpful!

Just various options...Thoughts? (Note alignment is off on some but just want to get rough idea of preferred before tweaking.)

AimOptions.png

Number 2 looks perfect,maybe thicken the lines a bit on the inside. Diamonds let your eye naturally put the crosshairs in its corners ,and when shooting groups and adjusting for wind allows you small lateral aiming points in the corners.

Last edited:
Sean,

That Voodoo is a lovely little beast. Fine shooting too. You have the right ammo. What magnification or range of is your Kahles and how do you like it? Well done!

Irish
Thank you,
It is a kahles 6x24 skmr 1
I love the scope and the reticle 2nd only to the skmr3 Which I have on my match rifle.
If there is a downside it’s parallax adjustment only goes down to 50 yards.
Looks like this years model goes to 25

I ran across some targets from one of our local state F-class smallbore matches while doing some cleaning.
This is not a 6X5 submission
These are 50 yd groups, and all the targets at 50 looked like these.

image17_zps2c82e650-2b6.jpeg

image (16).jpeg

Been a while since I've had any targets worth showing.
Ammo quality and wind pretty much ruined groups.
Finally obtained some pretty good CCI TNT 17gr 17 hmr ,
and put together a decent string of results at 200 yards.

WNW tailwind at 8 to 13 mph, CZ 455 SOF, Lilja barrel fully locked down
set trigger, Mueller 8-32x44 target scope, on a Harris 6-9 SBR bipod with rear bags.

2EsJ3.jpg

targets still on the frame

2EsJ4.jpg

Results on the upper backer

2EsJ5.jpg

First 2 groups horrid, trying to adjust to the conditions
Next 6 groups averaged 1.80 inches
best group was 1.53 inches

results from the bottom backer
2EsMK.jpg

Second 6 groups averaged 2.13 inches, best was a 1.64 inch

The third 6 groups averaged 1.38 inches with a best of 0.90

The best pair of the morning

2EsML.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cuzz
Damn man, that is going to be very hard to beat (or even come close to). Good shooting!

Yes sir, I have you on the results. Nicely done. I look forward to seeing more from you and your Anschutz!

**I AM POSTING THIS FOR TANSINATOR**

Finally a calm day to shoot! I tried to post this in the 6x5 thread from my phone and it ended up here, sorry. These were shot in the reverse order of the way the pics were posted. Only sighters were on the first target. Interestingly ,changing ammo did not have very much effect on POA or group size. I shot all these groups as fast as I could get back on target following the previous shot. Always held center without using any adjustments for wind. There was virtually no wind until I moved to 100 yards then it picked up in a hurry. If I take my time at 100 yards I am sure I can improve on the average, probably not the smallest though. I did make one adjustment after the second bull at 100. Love this Vudoo.

87397-d6be1e3a46b94c40dfe0ff5fadac4426.jpg

87398-fd004c857cca4d16109e4676a4ea88a1.jpg

87399-69a8970c6d4c99809a704e4517235c54.jpg

87400-e51f1b7d134842259e0dc7dab9aeea15.jpg

Reactions: Rolltide
18x5
Vudoo Sinister
16 inch Ace barrel
Adjustable cheek piece
Graeboe stock
Wind 0-1 SSE
Shot as fast as I could get on target