• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6X5 Thread V5.0 *new 1/1/21*

Tested some more ammo. Carbon gun liked SK PMs. 9x5=.802 with best of .602
101 yards
Pretty much calm
Bipod/Bag/Bench
A8725E4D-7446-40B5-B28F-7895E80C8907.jpeg

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this sport. I'm hoping to improve with some more practice and less wind. First attempt.
2002 CZ SUPER BRNO SAA 2500 (452) 28.5" barrel
Boyds walnut pro varmit stock
SK Pistol Match
100 yards
SWFA 16x on DIP base
Harris Bipod and rear bag . targets getting progressively wider groups with fatigue and wind.
Hope I did this correctly.

I got out with the Vudoo today. The winds were swirling pretty good but I might as well get it on the board. Shot from a bench, bipod and rear sand bag.

Attachments

• 6X5IMG_4559.jpg
    6X5IMG_4559.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: tsgarp
Last weekend I shot 6x5s with 3 rifles at 50 and 100 yards. I finally got a chance to measure and post. :) All 3 were shot from a wood bench with Atlas bipod and rabbit ear rear bag with SK Biathlon ammo.

Vudoo, NF ATACR 7-35. 50 yda: Ave: .301 best: .261 100 yards: Ave: .770 best: .570. A little improvement at 100 yards.

Anschutz MPR, Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25. 50 yards: Ave: .532 best: .270 100 yards: Ave 1.145 best: .866 No improvement at 50 but now on the board at 100 yards.

Ruger 10-22, Vortex PST 2 5-25, Hogue barrel reworked by CPC, Kidd trigger. 50 yards: Ave: .454 best: .328 100 yards: Ave 1.189 best: .639. Now on the board at 50 and improvement at 100.

Edit to add: I used a dial caliper and measured outside to outside of widest part of the group, leaving a very thin amount of white at the edge of the bullet hole and then subtracted .222.

IMG_5400.jpg
IMG_5344.jpg
IMG_5343.jpg
IMG_5345.jpg

Last edited:
Bill, I have everything up to date. Double check if you don’t mind to make sure I did not mess up.

Reactions: BillOH
Bergara B14r, Steel
50yds
SK std. +
Harris Bipod and small rear bag
5-25 PST II

I used the .223 value that was required in a separate thread, so the value on the target is off per the SH thread. Using .222 for diameter, the average is .375”, .716moa.
D59481BE-A62E-4285-B00F-92E111A01E7D.jpeg

Definitely trying again. Realized the parallax was slightly off, but not till I’d finished target 4.

Just an observation- Tested some additional SK+ and SK Match ammo after fixing the parallax. The SK match hasn’t done well in limited testing, but it performed much better when it was allowed to set in the sun for a few minutes.
73FCE1F1-3651-4696-BEA7-A42BCBC8F686.jpeg

E2B63877-B1FB-4B9F-B43B-D0969B1E8C6A.jpeg

Reactions: tsgarp
After way too long I am finally back into the rimfire game. Well kinda, I bought this rifle for my daughters (and to test out and compare to Vudoo's, because I have to know). This is the first time out with this rifle and my daughters first time shooting since 2013.

Zermatt Rim X with a heavy ass Keystone Kreiger that's about 20" long sitting in a KRG Bravo (also curious about these chassis because they are so inexpensive), it has a Timney 2 stage lighting the fire, and a DMR II PRO, with a Harris and a light weight TAB rear bag.

She did pretty good for a 7 year break. It got pretty damn windy after her 2nd group. She was able to call a few of the fliers which were from some shadowing in the scope. Not a bad place to start. She remembered all the instruction I gave her when she was a little girl. (I'm proud of you can't tell and not ashamed to admit it. Guess I'm getting softer with age... Ha).

IMG_20200907_182352952.jpg

IMG_20200906_135644005_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200906_140329414_HDR.jpg

More to come from her and her sister!

Last edited:
Did not see many 10/22s on the list so dug on of mine out of the back of the safe and slapped a Titan stock on it. Scope is blurry and has an inch of parallax and no wind flags. Now I have to see how far I can get this one down. Ordered the stock because I am wanting to put together a Kidd Supergrade but think I will play with this one first. At least it likes Eley Action Plus. I have around 7k rounds.
10/22 with Magnum Research threaded carbon barrel
Titan stock
Prostaff Rimfire 3-12
90 with 0-6 mph wind
E6629E28-BF39-4992-9AFF-BB4B76B468FD.jpegF068DF57-50AC-4EC7-B9CC-7DE4709A0677.jpeg

Noooooo!!! Not bof'em. Its good to see them back. I've already put my ego in the drawer in preparation for what's going to follow.

Now that you've tried the Bravo how would you equate it to the TRG in terms of the firing hand feel? Also the Timney compared to the TRG trigger. If you've tried the BixNAndy same question. Thanks

Melglass, I have your 10/22 on the board, always good to see a good shooting 10/22! One trick to deal with parallax at a specific yard line so that it does not effect the POI is to slide your head back from the scope to get a slight ring of shadowing. Keep that shadowing even all the way around the image and you know your eye is in the same place for every shot.

Noooooo!!! Not bof'em. Its good to see them back. I've already put my ego in the drawer in preparation for what's going to follow.

Now that you've tried the Bravo how would you equate it to the TRG in terms of the firing hand feel? Also the Timney compared to the TRG trigger. If you've tried the BixNAndy same question. Thanks

Well I only have some very early on thoughts, I want to use them both a lot more but with that said... I am very impressed with the Bravo so far, especially considering the price. It seems to be well made, I have had no issues with installing it or the fit and finish (it isn’t a super high end piece so I don’t expect the highest level of refinement, but it’s really pretty good). The feel of the grip is very similar to the TRG, it just feels slightly smaller (maybe).

I have not shot a BNA trigger as I don’t do much with R700 style actions for my centerfire rifles and have always had a T7T in my Vudoo’s. This Timney 2 stage feels really good so far. The curious thing is I had to back the over travel all of the way off to get the firing pin to fall. I need to look more into that but I haven’t had time. So far I like the trigger and the chassis enough to be considered buying them for my next Vudoo build.

Reactions: Quarter Horse
Melglass, I have your 10/22 on the board, always good to see a good shooting 10/22! One trick to deal with parallax at a specific yard line so that it does not effect the POI is to slide your head back from the scope to get a slight ring of shadowing. Keep that shadowing even all the way around the image and you know your eye is in the same place for every shot.
I will rob a better scope from another rifle to see how good I can get it to shoot. i put this together for the kids to shoot and don’t think I ever shot a group with it before yesterday.

Reactions: jbell
Bill, I have everything up to date. Double check if you don’t mind to make sure I did not mess up.

I just noticed that #22 on the 100 yard average should be my Vudoo. I wish my 10-22 shot that good. :)

After way too long I am finally back into the rimfire game. Well kinda, I bought this rifle for my daughters (and to test out and compare to Vudoo's, because I have to know). This is the first time out with this rifle and my daughters first time shooting since 2013.

Zermatt Rim X with a heavy ass Keystone Kreiger that's about 20" long sitting in a KRG Bravo (also curious about these chassis because they are so inexpensive), it has a Timney 2 stage lighting the fire, and a DMR II PRO, with a Harris and a light weight TAB rear bag.

She did pretty good for a 7 year break. It got pretty damn windy after her 2nd group. She was able to call a few of the fliers which were from some shadowing in the scope. Not a bad place to start. She remembered all the instruction I gave her when she was a little girl. (I'm proud of you can't tell and not ashamed to admit it. Guess I'm getting softer with age... Ha).

JB - this is great. Your gals have grown up. I remember the last time they posted 6x5's and humbled us all, lol. Looks like the RimX is a shooter.... Irish

10X X3L action
Muller 4 MI barrel
B&A Trigger
Stith stock
NF 15-55 Comp scope
Lapua CX ammo
Lite tuner from Hi NV shooter
50 yards off of my homemade one piece rest
Homemade wind flags

This string was done as I was getting some major help from Lee in getting the rifle tuned up. This string was shot in early July with, if I remember correctly, fairly light wind that was coming from one predominant direction. If I average all of the groups shot after deciding on a tuner setting (over 100) my overall average group size in all conditions, all with the same lot ammo calculated out to just a twitch under 0.250". So this shot string is better than the average but not grossly so.

I have been reading the thread concerning the Vudoo single shot action. Somebody there wanted to see what a custom set-up would do on a 6x5. I am not the best shooter and I don't compete (nobody wants to see an old man crying at the bench after a blown shot) but my rifle has some pretty good parts in it and I think would be sort of representative of the breed. My opinion is that any 22 that is holding around 0.25" CTC average group size in outdoor conditions is doing amazingly well. The big difference in shooting for score is the movement of the rifle across and up/down on the target and reading the conditions. That is what separates the men from the boys.

I like to use the OnTarget software to actually test things out. You can print out an ARA sized target with 25 bulls. If you shoot it like you would shoot the actual target in a match, you ca use the software to carve up the 25 shots any way you want. Being able to look at how the target developed can give some valuable insight into how the whole shebang is working. Analyzing the 25 shots this way is, in my opinion, a better way to determine the real potential of a rifle/shooter/rest/ammo/bench/weather/attitude than just shooting groups. But don't get me wrong, I shoot groups at every session just to gauge how things are going.

Probably, just as I say my rifle would be representative of the breed, one of the truly great RFBR shooters will show up and lay out a 6x5 that averages 0.0xx!
Try not to picture an old man crying at the keyboard if/when that happens.

Tony

I've been pretty busy with work and haven't had a chance to get out shooting except for some shotgun. Finally made it to the range this weekend and spent a couple hours trying ammo. SK Rifle Match seems to work pretty well in this Anschutz Supermatch pre '58. I thought it was doing well with RWS R-50, but I got a new brick/different lot that doesn't perform. A few really good groups then opens up for a few. Frustrating.

Anschutz Supermatch 1413, pre '58
Iron sights
Average: .420
Best: .290
SK Rifle Match
Caldwell front rest
Wiebad fortune cookie rear bag
50YD

uIPLHkF.jpg

mtKC9CG.jpg

P0MO4Mo.jpg

petxKgz.jpg

HRxjewG.jpg

jWMXoy5.jpg

I got my daughter back out to the range testing some trigger timing work I'm doing on the Rim X. There is still a little work needing to be done to fit the trigger a bit better, but the bolt lift is much improved. It was a little windy today and the rifle needs some weight in the butt to balance it better. She is getting used to it.
50 yards
IMG_20200912_201918937_HDR.jpg

102 yards
IMG_20200912_202322920_HDR.jpg

Got my Savage Mark II out yesterday, tried SK Rifle Match and Standard Plus. Shot a 7x5. This target is standard Plus. Shot from the floor of my reloading room and out the backdoor. using groups 2-7 my average is Average .576. Best .307. I measured outside to outside minus .21, forgot what you guys are using here. I shot 7 groups, last group is on top of the paper using the wind direction thingy as a target.

IMG_20200913_141803829.jpg
IMG_20200913_141508994_HDR.jpg

I’ve shot a few of these since I found this thread. This is one of the best. I’m at about 350 rounds on this rifle FWIW. The only mods are Yo Dave spring and shim. I have another NIB 452 American that has a better test target. I have a Vortex Diamondback HP and a Yo Dave kit waiting for it just waiting on rings now.
Today was windy and I had AR’s going off on both sides of me, had to stop once for a cold Range. Having said that, today I shot better than the past couple weeks when conditions were near perfect in all aspects. Go figure.

CZ 452 American
Mueller 8-32x44 (@22x)
SK Rifle Match
Caldwell Rock BR front
Protektor bag rear
C049F69F-0E3C-41DD-9130-9D92321D1288.jpeg

image.jpg

I've been pretty busy with work and haven't had a chance to get out shooting except for some shotgun. Finally made it to the range this weekend and spent a couple hours trying ammo. SK Rifle Match seems to work pretty well in this Anschutz Supermatch pre '58. I thought it was doing well with RWS R-50, but I got a new brick/different lot that doesn't perform. A few really good groups then opens up for a few. Frustrating.

Iron sights
SK Rifle Match
Caldwell front rest
50YD

uIPLHkF.jpg

mtKC9CG.jpg

P0MO4Mo.jpg

petxKgz.jpg

HRxjewG.jpg

jWMXoy5.jpg

More aperture sights, very nice.

Reactions: CoolJJ
Been awhile since ive shot anything worth posting. I seem to be having a heck of a time finding CX or Eley match lots that wont toss a flyer or 2 and wreck my groups. Ive got a few hundred rounds of my best stuff left im hoarding for some reason. Anyway yesterday the conditions were perfect, so i grabbed a couple disappointing lots and headed out. Nothing worth reporting at 50, as usual 6x5 wrecked by a flyer or 2. 100 was better, but the strays kept me from beating my previous groups. Ive included a pix of my 100 yd target anyways. 200 yards was a pleasant surprise, i managed my best 6x5 and single group to date. 6x5 CTC 1.777”, .848 MOA. Best group 1.333”, .637 MOA.

edit: vudoo/march. off bench bipod and rear bag. range i was shooting at doesnt like prone

thx as always for keeping this going everyone!

Lear

D594AC80-83DE-462B-B78B-27B5053EC070.jpeg

42F7578A-4D41-47C7-B689-359C66B72FD6.jpeg

Thank you! means alot. was real cloudy and hazy but perfectly calm. i could only make out about half the holes thru the scope as it got dark. yea i smiled when i walked out to get the target. Cuzz i know im appreciating the cooler weather, got the crossbow out, workin up my dope card for deer jerky season!

Reactions: Cuzz and jbell
Bergara B14r Steel
SK Std. +
50yds, Harris bipod and small rear bag.

Switched lots for the last group and thought I’d dialed up enough, and it damn near costed me! Sucks it was my worst group as well.
Avg. .255”
.486moa
59A3DE54-2ED7-4954-ACD8-18CE221DD8A7.jpeg

Reactions: RETE8
I’ve shot a few of these since I found this thread. This is one of the best. I’m at about 350 rounds on this rifle FWIW. The only mods are Yo Dave spring and shim. I have another NIB 452 American that has a better test target. I have a Vortex Diamondback HP and a Yo Dave kit waiting for it just waiting on rings now.
Today was windy and I had AR’s going off on both sides of me, had to stop once for a cold Range. Having said that, today I shot better than the past couple weeks when conditions were near perfect in all aspects. Go figure.

CZ 452 American
Mueller 8-32x44 (@22x)
SK Rifle Match
Caldwell Rock BR front
Protektor bag rearView attachment 7424872
View attachment 7424873
Very nice shooting, thats an accurate 452 American.

Iron sights
SK Rifle Match
Caldwell front rest
50YD

mtKC9CG.jpg

That Super Match is a lovely beast. Very good shooting Sir. May I ask what your approximate s/n is? i.e. 15xxx, etc. I have a 1413 54 Super Match that I also estimated to be from about 1958 and wanted to see if your had an earlier or later s/n. Mine is topped with a Unertl 20x. Hoping to get it out to play now that the temps have cooled a little. Again, great shooting.

Irish

That Super Match is a lovely beast. Very good shooting Sir. May I ask what your approximate s/n is? i.e. 15xxx, etc. I have a 1413 54 Super Match that I also estimated to be from about 1958 and wanted to see if your had an earlier or later s/n. Mine is topped with a Unertl 20x. Hoping to get it out to play now that the temps have cooled a little. Again, great shooting.

Irish
I only know about the 18, 19, & 20 series Anschutz rifles but did these older rifles not use the date code on the barrel like the newer ones?

Irish
Thanks! I paid an arm and leg for this one, but in the end it was worth it.

This rifle's serial is 118xx and no date code. I estimate about a '57 or '58 based on a rimfirecentral thread with a close serial number and a known purchase date.

My other Super Match is 274xx and date stamped with '61. Paid half the price of the first one in a local auction.