• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6X5 Thread V5.0 *new 1/1/21*

I finally had a decent condition. One of the first times this spring I've had the wind this steady. Wind was barely tugging 2-5mph, but had a nice steady wide pace to the changes in intensity... and I cranked off 6 good groups with one absolute stunner. Might be the smallest group I've shot to date with a rimfire. Best news... I shot it on camera. This tuner has pulled a solid tenth of an inch out of my group size, on average.

Distance - 50yds
Ammo - RWS R50

6x5 with an average of 0.128".

Here's the rifle:

Here's the target:

Here's the video:

I hope everyone realizes that this is the best 6X5 target that has ever been submitted, not only the smallest average but the smallest single group. Well done Greg!

Greg, the big question on my mind is have you cleaned the bore yet? If not what is the round count up to now?

Woohoo! Very cool to have the best target to date!

In fairness to @padom, I didn't see the standings on best group until I saw your post @jbell... and when it comes down to measuring what amounts to a single bullet hole, and trying to hold thousandths with a caliper... I'd say he and I are tied on best group. My measurement might be a thousandth better... but there's no way in hell I can hold that kind of tolerance with a caliper and my eyeball on a flat surface with no holds for the caliper to grab onto. I had to measure that friggin bullet hole a dozen times six different ways to come up with the .009". I'd measure it once and get .010, measure it again and get .006... It's just really hard to get that small. The only proper way to do it would be to have a scanner and an automatic measuring system of some kind and have everyone's target measured on that.

@jbell , no... I have not touched this barrel with a cleaning rod. Not a swab in the chamber... nothing. Round count is up over 5,000 at the time this target was shot. I have to count my boxes here to know for sure. Same lot number of R50 I've been shooting all along.

Over 5,600 rounds at the time I shot that target. Every time I empty a box, I chuck the caddy into a tote, so I can keep track of round count.
Probably closer to 6000 rounds, as I have dozens of partial boxes I've shot during lot # testing, which aren't empty yet.

Reactions: MPrimo and CoolJJ
Woohoo! Very cool to have the best target to date!

In fairness to @padom, I didn't see the standings on best group until I saw your post @jbell... and when it comes down to measuring what amounts to a single bullet hole, and trying to hold thousandths with a caliper... I'd say he and I are tied on best group. My measurement might be a thousandth better... but there's no way in hell I can hold that kind of tolerance with a caliper and my eyeball on a flat surface with no holds for the caliper to grab onto. I had to measure that friggin bullet hole a dozen times six different ways to come up with the .009". I'd measure it once and get .010, measure it again and get .006... It's just really hard to get that small. The only proper way to do it would be to have a scanner and an automatic measuring system of some kind and have everyone's target measured on that.

I agree, there is no way to tell that fine of resolution when measuring something that isn’t hard so your calipers stop on it.

Over 5,600 rounds at the time I shot that target. Every time I empty a box, I chuck the caddy into a tote, so I can keep track of round count.
Probably closer to 6000 rounds, as I have dozens of partial boxes I've shot during lot # testing, which aren't empty yet.

🤯, the benchrest crowd would be rolling over in their graves if they heard that! Ha

Sure, here's the rifle specs

Rifle built by TS Customs -
RimX action
Tangent Theta 525P Gen2XR optic
Hawkins Heavy Tactical rings
Triggertech Diamond pro-curve trigger
26" Benchmark 3-groove 16.5 twist MTU contour
22LR Primal 2° chamber
Harrell tuner
McMillan A5A McWoody stock
Hawkins bottom metal
Atlas PSR bipod

That is some fine shooting and a fine rifle. What's a set up like it cost, $10,000? Having never seen that particular scope brand so I had my friend google check. I'd have to sell all four of my 52's to buy one. LOL

That is some fine shooting and a fine rifle. What's a set up like it cost, $10,000? Having never seen that particular scope brand so I had my friend google check. I'd have to sell all four of my 52's to buy one. LOL[/URL]
Yeah, $10,000 would get it done. We sell everything in the package. The rifle itself is about $4500, the optic I'd sell for $4500, Hawkins rings $200, tuner is around $200, ARCA and picatinny Mlok adapters $50-ish each, Atlas PSR bipod $320, extra magazine $130... puts you right at $9,950... and it would still need to be shipped to your FFL.

In all fairness, you don't need a Tangent Theta to get the most out of one of these rifles. A Schmidt & Bender, Kahles, ZCO, Vortex razer, or Nightforce would likely be right at home on top of there. A guy could easily save $2500 by cheaping out on the scope. ;)

Good shooting. I didnt measure to the 3rd decimal place when I did mine. There is an error rate when measuring these holes with a caliper and its more than .001 thats for sure. I just call it a true one hole group. Smallest group Ive ever shot thats for sure.

EDIT.
I see in the video you shot up top in the middle as your first group. I wasnt following looking at the target.

EDIT.
I see in the video you shot up top in the middle as your first group. I wasnt following looking at the target.
Yeah, I shot the group on the left after I was done with the 6x5. Then I went inside and was on the phone for a bit... came back out and the wind was gusting hard and made that embarrassing group on the right. ;)

jbell i made a math error on tuesdays target. please change my results as shown in the original edit, repeated below

“EDIT... I noticed this morning i measured the wrong holes on my best 100 yd group, should be .650-.223=.427 CTC/1.047=.408MOA

Group average for 100 yd changes to .554 CTC, .529 MOA”

Orkan thats a nice setup and great shooting!

lear

Do you find any benefit in using the card stock shim? Or was it more to keep the barrel from getting marred up? Again... Nice Shooting!
SOP is to skim-bed the tuner, using release agent, then torquing to 5 inch/pounds. Card stock is interesting. A material with some inherent Damping, more so.

Bipod question. For the guys who shoot Vudoo's, can you recommend the best bipod to shoot from with a Vudoo?

Thanks!

Bipod question. For the guys who shoot Vudoo's, can you recommend the best bipod to shoot from with a Vudoo?

Thanks!

I own the Atlas PSR and Harris both with Area419 Arca adapters and the MDT Cyke. For purely shooting groups, I find the most stable setup using the Harris with spiked feet

Shooting steel from different positions I prefer the MDT then the Atlas...

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
I own the Atlas PSR and Harris both with Area419 Arca adapters and the MDT Cyke. For purely shooting groups, I find the most stable setup using the Harris with spiked feet

Shooting steel from different positions I prefer the MDT then the Atlas...
Or various F-Tr setups if “legal”

Please excuse my one trash group on the top left I don’t know what happened 😅

100 yd 6x5 5rd groups shooting sitting down, on a less than idea bench, indoor range, Atlas PSR bipod and Tab Str8 lace bag with light fill.

Rifle set up:
Vudoo V-22 with 18” Proof CF barrel
AICS AX chassis
S&B 5-25 in Spuhr mount
Atlas PSR
TBAC 22TD
Ammo is Lapua Center X

AVG group size is 0.75” and best group size is 0.29”.

F83BDBFB-8559-4D7D-8F24-E199549368CE.png
D0EBA10D-16E6-4DA6-B3C8-728E3502D003.jpeg

Rifle: Tikka T1x
Chassis: KRG Bravo with X-ray buttstock (so pretty much a T1X X-ray)
Optic: Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 set to 25 in a MPA 20 MOA BA one piece mount
Bipod: Atlas V8
Ammo: Lapua Midus+
Other Stuff: YoDave trigger spring, KRG spigot mount, weibad mini range cube rear bag, weibad berry bag for my wrist, kineti-tech brake with sleeve, Area 419 20 MOA rail
Date: 5-30-2020
Wind: 1-6 mph from 6-8 o’clock
Shot from a bench off bipod and rear bag. Group 5 first round I jammed when I tried to feed had to pull the mag and reset marred the bullet when I had the failure to feed. Measured using the ballistic-x app. Second time shooting the midus + best I was getting previously with various cheaper ammo was .5-1” groups.
7B3B1DF4-E763-4419-B3A9-142515A0C155.jpeg

5275AA90-13AA-4C22-B79A-C16A89E8F81A.jpeg

Last edited:
jbell, Updated 50yd. group avg. 0.25"/0.48MOA and best group 0.14"/0.28MOA.

Rifle: Vudoo V22, 18" MTU Bartlein
Chassis: KRG Bravo
Optic: Athlon Argoes 10-40x56
Ammo: Lapua Midas+
Date: 5-30-2020
Shot from a bench, front rest and rear bag
Distance: 50 yds.

Attachments

• V22 Midas+ 50 yds. 5:30:20. jpg.jpg
    V22 Midas+ 50 yds. 5:30:20. jpg.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: CoolJJ and Gjmen22
First time trying at 200 for groups.

Vudoo V22 18" Kukri
SK Pistol Match Special
Prone, Bipod, Rear Bag
Average Size = 2.476, MOA = 1.18
Best Group = 1.57"

My dope is a bit all over the place. First group is actually the 2nd one from the upper left. I dialed 6.5mil based on the Ballistics App, and it shot .5mil low, My last 5 groups were at 6.9mil. Last time I was out here I launched 10 rounds spot on the target at 6.4mil, it was a warmer day and the app had me at 6.4mil. Spot on. Today it had been raining, but the rain was stopped. It was just cold and dreary. I got the weather from the kestrel, and it adjusted me to 6.5mil. No wind that I could tell. Chrono showed consistent muzzle velocity at 1114 average.

1590972347010.png

WOW!! Some great awesome shooting going on since I checked in last! Great job @orkan ! Gives me a new goal to try and get to. I need to quit working so much and get back out to the range! Seeing all this great shooting from everyone really makes me miss getting to the range. Work has been overwhelming! This has been a great resource to learn to. I appreciate everyone's input and comments.

Reactions: jbell

Vudoo V22 18" Kukri
SK Pistol Match Special
Prone, Bipod, Rear Bag
Best Group = 1.57"

My dope is a bit all over the place. First group is actually the 2nd one from the upper left. I dialed 6.5mil based on the Ballistics App, and it shot .5mil low, My last 5 groups were at 6.9mil. Last time I was out here I launched 10 rounds spot on the target at 6.4mil, it was a warmer day and the app had me at 6.4mil. Spot on. Today it had been raining, but the rain was stopped. It was just cold and dreary. I got the weather from the kestrel, and it adjusted me to 6.5mil. No wind that I could tell. Chrono showed consistent muzzle velocity at 1114 average.

View attachment 7340570
L:

Sir, my hat is off to you. Impressive marksmanship. And with an 18" barrel.

I shot my 40X today, 24X Unertl, 50 yards off a bench, front rest, rear bag with Center-X. I shoot down under a hill and the wind blew from everywhere, at times my two flags were pointing in opposite directions.

Target one: .306" avg, .105" best
Target two: .273" avg, .144" best
IMG_38511.jpg
IMG_38521.jpg
IMG_3798.JPG

Shot 5/30/20 at 50yds. Sunny and variable magnitude 6 o'clock breeze. Ruger receiver and internals, Kidd single stage 2.5 kb trigger, Kidd ultralite 16.5in bbl, Bushnell 2.5-10 Nitro, Vitor Co Titan stock. These are rounds 31-60 through this barrel.
Edit to add: CCI SV

Semper Fidelis,
Aaron
20200531_130044.jpg

Last edited:
Today I shot one of my 52's, a D and my only 52 with a scope. This rifle hasn't shot as well as the others with any of the four lots of SK Std. Plus. I had added a stiffener to the cantilever scope mount a while back and wanted to shoot it to see if it made any difference and it seems to be more consistent. Anyway I shot all four lots of SK Std. Plus and they showed the same lot accuracy as they do in the other rifles, just nothing impressive in this rifle. Having bought a brick of RWS Target Rifle and a brick of Special Match I decided to try them in the D. The Target Rifle shot good but almost every group had a flier, the Special match shot very well. Better than anything I've shot in this rifle so far.

50 yards, Winchester 52D, bench, front rest, rear bag, RWS Special Match, winds 5-8 mph from my 5 o'clock.
Average: .310"
Best: .199"

IMG_38621.jpg

Reactions: reubenski
Damn padom, your tearing it up! Great shooting! What is the difference in the chamber on this Krieger and the other 3 barrels?

Reactions: CoolJJ
Damn padom, your tearing it up! Great shooting! What is the difference in the chamber on this Krieger and the other 3 barrels?

Zero...every single RimX barrel I've posted and continue to post is identical. Same length, contour, chamber, muzzle threads and gunsmith. Only difference is the blank maker

20" M24
22LR Match Eachus Chamber (my reamer)
1/2-28 muzzle threads
Keystone Accuracy

I will shoot this Krieger at 100yds next then test the last barrel...Lilja

Just screwed the Krieger on the RimX.. best 6x5 to date barely beating out the Bartlein but with SK RM!!

50yd
RimX Krieger
22LR Eachus Chamber
6x5 0.177"
10x5 0.198"
Best Group 0.052"

Yeah, this is cool. Very cool.

Consistently outstanding across all barrels and ammo.

0.177" minimum 6x5 average thru 0.396" maximum 6x5 average across all barrels and ammo at 50yd and 132 5 shot groups.

I dug through your Zermatt RimX review thread and included the 6x5 results I could find in my spreadsheet.

Vudoo V22 18" Kukri
SK Pistol Match Special
Prone, Bipod, Rear Bag
Best Group = 1.57"

View attachment 7340570
Good shooting, V. Especially with the crummy weather.

Reactions: littlepod
Zero...every single RimX barrel I've posted and continue to post is identical. Same length, contour, chamber, muzzle threads and gunsmith. Only difference is the blank maker

20" M24
22LR Match Eachus Chamber (my reamer)
1/2-28 muzzle threads
Keystone Accuracy

I will shoot this Krieger at 100yds next then test the last barrel...Lilja
padom, Does Keystone sell complete rifles, or just RimX barreled actions? I see you are asking them to pre-fit the different manufacturer barrels so you can just thread them onto the action. What tools do you need to change barrels on the action, or do you have a video that would show folks how to go about changing the barrel, for us newbies? Also, what chassis system are you using for your testing?

Overall, very impressed with your results, and the test model you created. Thanks for sharing all the information!