• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6X5 Thread V5.0 *new 1/1/21*

padom, Does Keystone sell complete rifles, or just RimX barreled actions? I see you are asking them to pre-fit the different manufacturer barrels so you can just thread them onto the action. What tools do you need to change barrels on the action, or do you have a video that would show folks how to go about changing the barrel, for us newbies? Also, what chassis system are you using for your testing?

Overall, very impressed with your results, and the test model you created. Thanks for sharing all the information!

Yes they do, pretty much any of the popular stocks or chassis and triggers you want. I know they sold a lot of RimX barreled actions with the same trigger Im shooting so far. RimX has a set barreled tenon print that comes from Zermatt.. I sent Keystone all the barrel blanks, they cut the tenon in their Hass CNC on each one to Zermatt's RimX tenon print. Everyone one is exactly the same. Thats one of the big selling points of a RimX vs other 22lr actions. The smith can spin up barrels whithout every seeing your action..

Its not necessary for me to make any video. There are 100's if not 1000's on Youtube....Same way you install a barrel on every other bolt action.... You put some grease on the barrel tenon threads, remove the bolt and screw the action on by hand till it stops, insert your action wrench into the action, use your torque wrench to tighten the action....Every RimX barreled Ive tested so far every one has been torqued to 65ft lbs.

Here is one of many if you want to watch. Takes 3min

Im running the RimX in an XLR Envy Pro chassis with folding buttstock and a Bix'N Andy TacSport Pro 2 stage trigger with the Zermatt required low sear and the flat trigger shoe. Don over at Bullet Central installed all the trigger parts and tuned it to 6oz on the 2nd stage for me before sending it over for this RimX review.

Yes they do, pretty much any of the popular stocks or chassis and triggers you want. I know they sold a lot of RimX barreled actions with the same trigger Im shooting so far. RimX has a set barreled tenon print that comes from Zermatt.. I sent Keystone all the barrel blanks, they cut the tenon in their Hass CNC on each one to Zermatt's RimX tenon print. Everyone one is exactly the same. Thats one of the big selling points of a RimX vs other 22lr actions. The smith can spin up barrels whithout every seeing your action..

Its not necessary for me to make any video. There are 100's if not 1000's on Youtube....Same way you install a barrel on every other bolt action.... You put some grease on the barrel tenon threads, remove the bolt and screw the action on by hand till it stops, insert your action wrench into the action, use your torque wrench to tighten the action....Every RimX barreled Ive tested so far every one has been torqued to 65ft lbs.

Here is one of many if you want to watch. Takes 3min

Im running the RimX in an XLR Envy Pro chassis with folding buttstock and a Bix'N Andy TacSport Pro 2 stage trigger with the Zermatt required low sear and the flat trigger shoe. Don over at Bullet Central installed all the trigger parts and tuned it to 6oz on the 2nd stage for me before sending it over for this RimX review.

@padom:

The video suggests/recommends removing the trigger when swapping barrels. Do you follow that proceedure?

jbell
Would there any objection to me shooting and posting a 6 X 5 shot with aperture sights? I got my Redfield equipped 52E out today for the first time since last fall and put a few rounds through her, thinking a 6 X 5 with it would be interesting to do.

Thanks, Justin

jbell
Would there any objection to me shooting and posting a 6 X 5 shot with aperture sights? I got my Redfield equipped 52E out today for the first time since last fall and put a few rounds through her, thinking a 6 X 5 with it would be interesting to do.

Thanks, Justin

Of course not Justin, I would love to see it! I did a few slung up with sights several years ago (it wasn’t very pretty) :cool:

Last edited:
What video?? I'm not sure why because swapping a barrel has zero to do with the trigger....no ive never removed the trigger from my RimX since day 1.
The video in your post.

Shot something else today.. CCI SV at 50m indoors.

It went pretty good for the first 4 groups. Last minutes at the range, was in a hurry.

Just started using a rear bag and shot the CCI to get familiar with it. Noticed it was grouping somewhat good. The middle-low group was hard to center as I used some piece of tape as the aiming point for it. Probably quite correct.
Screenshot_20200609-004740_TargetScan.jpg

20200608_212428.jpg

Shot something else today.. CCI SV at 50m indoors.

It went pretty good for the first 4 groups. Last minutes at the range, was in a hurry.

Just started using a rear bag and shot the CCI to get familiar with it. Noticed it was grouping somewhat good. The middle-low group was hard to center as I used some piece of tape as the aiming point for it. Probably quite correct.
View attachment 7346582

View attachment 7346581

I want to confirm the measurements on these targets, is it outer edge or CTC that is listed. For example target labeled 1 I think is 0.503” but is that CTC?

I shot my Redfield Palma rear, International front aperture sighted Winchester 52E today. It was cloudy with winds 5-18 mph from 11-1 o'clock, bench, front rest, rear bag, RWS Special Match. 50 yards.

.365" average
.283 best

IMG_3865.JPG
IMG_3866.JPG
IMG_38671.jpg
IMG_38681.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm blessed to have a few good rifles. A young shooter could make them shine.

Have the rules changed? I thought using a front mechanical rest was illegal? But, what the hey, if a tuner and front mechanical rest are deemed legal seems very close to having benchrest support. Why not go all the way and allow one piece mechanical rests? Then indoors or or a very calm day would know the intrinsic precision or accuracy of the weapon system, i.e. the precision or accuracy of the weapon system when contribution of marksmanship is minimal or non-existant.

Have the rules changed? I thought using a front mechanical rest was illegal? But, what the hey, if a tuner and front mechanical rest are deemed legal seems very close to having benchrest support. Why not go all the way and allow one piece mechanical rests? Then indoors or or a very calm day would know the intrinsic precision or accuracy of the weapon system, i.e. the precision or accuracy of the weapon system when contribution of marksmanship is minimal or non-existant.
I like seeing tight groups but the more effort they take (less machines and parts) the greater they are.

In my opinion few inches wide 6x5 from standing position is greater than needlenose sized groups from a rest.

I only now moved on to use rear bag and it seems that it does have positive effect. But it is one piece more I have to carry and utilize.

I like seeing tight groups but the more effort they take (less machines and parts) the greater they are.

In my opinion few inches wide 6x5 from standing position is greater than needlenose sized groups from a rest.

I only now moved on to use rear bag and it seems that it does have positive effect. But it is one piece more I have to carry and utilize.
NM:

It is whatever floats your boat. And since @jbell started this thread it is his prerogative to set the rules. For me nothing compares to shooting standing offhand when you are "in the zone" and the rifle feels like an extension of your body.

Then, since this is Snipers Hide, I wonder what snipers actually do in combat. They certainly use bipods, tripods and whatever for support but I do wonder if they use heavy, i.e. > 10 lb, rear bags?

Anyway many games to play. Pick your poison.

Reactions: Near miss
NM:

It is whatever floats your boat. And since @jbell started this thread it is his prerogative to set the rules. For me nothing compares to shooting standing offhand when you are "in the zone" and the rifle feels like an extension of your body.

Then, since this is Snipers Hide, I wonder what snipers actually do in combat. They certainly use bipods, tripods and whatever for support but I do wonder if they use heavy, i.e. > 10 lb, rear bags?

Anyway many games to play. Pick your poison.

I don't think they would be using a heavy rear bag as in they're shouldering their rifle, managing recoil to spot impact, and not free recoiling their rifles.

I have violated the first paragraph of the rules I think with all my groups, so if desired remove my results. I've never shot prone and my range is not set up to shoot prone. I'm 59 and can get down in the prone position but may need help getting up. LOL

First paragraph of the rules, copy and paste. I'll admit I didn't read it and apologize if I have helped muck up the thread by failing to do so.

"Rules are pretty simple. There must be exactly six groups of 5 shots, all on one target board. No more, no less. No foulers on this board, every shot on the board must count. The groups need to be shot consecutively, this is not a thread for someone to post up their collection of best six groups, but their best group of six groups. Entries must be shot on or after 10/19/14. For now, lets keep this a bipod/rear bag or shooting off a ruck challenge, no mechanical rests. If enough people feel I should change that up, please let me know and I'll reconsider. (I would like to keep this as close to prone shooting as we can, so if you are able then please shoot prone. However if you cant for health reasons or other plausible reasons then go to a bench and enter your target with pride. But if you just want to squeeze that last few thousanths out of your group come on, man up and go prone!)"

Last edited:
Playing the devils advocate here. Where would it end? Sort the groups by how much the rifle cost? Is a 1/4" group shot by a $1000 rifle using $10 ammo off a bench less impressive than the same 1/4" group shot by a $7000 rifle shooting $20 ammo off a bipod? Are the folks shooting off a bench lesser marksman than the bipod shooters? Are the bipod shooters lesser marksman than offhand shooters? Hell, if you want a challenge take off your scope and shoot it offhand with open sights of your choice, that'll separate the shooters from the ($$) rifles.

I have violated the first paragraph of the rules I think with all my groups, so if desired remove my results. I've never shot prone and my range is not set up to shoot prone. I'm 59 and can get down in the prone position but may need help getting up. LOL

First paragraph of the rules, copy and paste.
"Rules are pretty simple. There must be exactly six groups of 5 shots, all on one target board. No more, no less. No foulers on this board, every shot on the board must count. The groups need to be shot consecutively, this is not a thread for someone to post up their collection of best six groups, but their best group of six groups. Entries must be shot on or after 10/19/14. For now, lets keep this a bipod/rear bag or shooting off a ruck challenge, no mechanical rests. If enough people feel I should change that up, please let me know and I'll reconsider. (I would like to keep this as close to prone shooting as we can, so if you are able then please shoot prone. However if you cant for health reasons or other plausible reasons then go to a bench and enter your target with pride. But if you just want to squeeze that last few thousanths out of your group come on, man up and go prone!)"
No need to argue with me. I think the fake internet points thing is pointless anyway and there is no way to really control what people are doing. With the lack of any kind of checks and balances, the "honor" system is all there is. ... and it's easy to know how that goes.

I shoot plenty well off-hand. Though I won't bring the same 19lb rifle to that competition. Your post certainly captures the competition mindset for some: Just change the rules until what you like to run is the only thing allowed.

That's why competition is divided into "classes." It's an attempt to remove the gear race. It's all designed to get people participating. So lets not act like this is the first time someone has suggested segregation of equipment in an attempt to have the scores "mean something" in relation to each other.

Yet all of this twisting done by people regarding this thread and this "6x5 challenge" seem to forget that it's meant to be fun. Instead some like to sling poo over it. I was submitting regularly, and it was fun... then it stopped being fun right quick. If something is fun, you can be sure it won't be long until people make it stop being fun. :)

No need to argue with me. I think the fake internet points thing is pointless anyway and there is no way to really control what people are doing. With the lack of any kind of checks and balances, the "honor" system is all there is. ... and it's easy to know how that goes.

I shoot plenty well off-hand. Though I won't bring the same 19lb rifle to that competition. Your post certainly captures the competition mindset for some: Just change the rules until what you like to run is the only thing allowed.

That's why competition is divided into "classes." It's an attempt to remove the gear race. It's all designed to get people participating. So lets not act like this is the first time someone has suggested segregation of equipment in an attempt to have the scores "mean something" in relation to each other.

Yet all of this twisting done by people regarding this thread and this "6x5 challenge" seem to forget that it's meant to be fun. Instead some like to sling poo over it. I was submitting regularly, and it was fun... then it stopped being fun right quick. If something is fun, you can be sure it won't be long until people make it stop being fun. :)

There was no arguing meant. After I posted and read it I could see it taken that way, that's why I edited it. As the post stated I was "playing the devils advocate", not poking anyone. Personally I like seeing good groups or good targets with single shots in single bulls no matter how they were shot. The targets I've posted are about the rifle/ammo, not the shooter.

I like reading threads with accurate rifles and you obviously have a very accurate rifle and are plenty capable of shooting it. There are several others on here who have great rifles too.

I've shot some 25 yard offhand but never 50. My 1712 Annie is a shooter so I may give 50 yards a whirl to see how bad I embarrass myself.

There was no arguing meant. After I posted and read it I could see it taken that way, that's why I edited it. As the post stated I was "playing the devils advocate", not poking anyone. Personally I like seeing good groups or good targets with single shots in single bulls no matter how they were shot. The targets I've posted are about the rifle/ammo, not the shooter.

I like reading threads with accurate rifles and you obviously have a very accurate rifle and are plenty capable of shooting it. There are several others on here who have great rifles too.

I've shot some 25 yard offhand but never 50. My 1712 Annie is a shooter so I may give 50 yards a whirl to see how bad I embarrass myself.
I agree. Appears I quoted your post before you edited it. ;) Transparency and honesty are crucial, I think.

I shoot like crap but like to hang around here anyways. Certainly like the idea of collecting data about rifles and ammo. Thanks for upkeeping this Jbell and you shall definitely have the last word. I know we should have some set rules but after all it is all for good fun.

I wish I could shoot well enough to take it more seriously..

First off this thread is all of ours, I am just here to try and keep it alive (although I haven’t shot 1 rimfire round in 2020, I sold all my rifles with the intention of building the next one ASAP but life keeps getting in the way).

Second about the rules: I think the only real hard fast rules should be you need to shoot at least 5 rounds at 6 targets all in the same shooting session and every round shot into a group counts (even if you have 5 in one hole and mistakenly put a 6th into orbit, I say this as it eliminates the ”called flyer” that doesn’t count), with the 6 groups being shot consecutively. Meaning you cant shoot 20 5 shot groups and pick the 6 best. In regards to shooting prone or not I originally thought it should be only prone and a bipod at very most (rucksack, sandbag, tree, rock, etc, or a sling would also be ok) but I never thought about those who physically could not go prone for whatever reason. This thread is about promoting the sport of precision rimfire and the last thing I want to do is exclude someone because they can’t go prone. So I really don’t think it is a big deal to shoot off a bench. I personally choose to only shoot prone off a bipod or sling but I welcome those who shoot off a bench even if they are using a 1 piece rest. What does it really matter how people shoot this there is not any money on the line, this is all for fun and to challenge ourselves.

I feel like this should be a “run what you brung” competition, no restrictions on the rifle / scope / ammo / accessories such as tuners or accuracy aids like wind flags or even shooting indoors.

I would like to have the conversation about 1 thing: should we allow a zero shooter input bolt in return to battery style rifle rest? Yes this is about how accurate can a rimfire be, but I would like to see this as a how accurately can we shoot the rifle. Thoughts??

First off this thread is all of ours, I am just here to try and keep it alive (although I haven’t shot 1 rimfire round in 2020, I sold all my rifles with the intention of building the next one ASAP but life keeps getting in the way).

Second about the rules: I think the only real hard fast rules should be you need to shoot at least 5 rounds at 6 targets all in the same shooting session and every round shot into a group counts (even if you have 5 in one hole and mistakenly put a 6th into orbit, I say this as it eliminates the ”called flyer” that doesn’t count), with the 6 groups being shot consecutively. Meaning you cant shoot 20 5 shot groups and pick the 6 best. In regards to shooting prone or not I originally thought it should be only prone and a bipod at very most (rucksack, sandbag, tree, rock, etc, or a sling would also be ok) but I never thought about those who physically could not go prone for whatever reason. This thread is about promoting the sport of precision rimfire and the last thing I want to do is exclude someone because they can’t go prone. So I really don’t think it is a big deal to shoot off a bench. I personally choose to only shoot prone off a bipod or sling but I welcome those who shoot off a bench even if they are using a 1 piece rest. What does it really matter how people shoot this there is not any money on the line, this is all for fun and to challenge ourselves.

I feel like this should be a “run what you brung” competition, no restrictions on the rifle / scope / ammo / accessories such as tuners or accuracy aids like wind flags or even shooting indoors.

I would like to have the conversation about 1 thing: should we allow a zero shooter input bolt in return to battery style rifle rest? Yes this is about how accurate can a rimfire be, but I would like to see this as a how accurately can we shoot the rifle. Thoughts??
@jbell:

For me there is a spectrum of support from a rail gun to standing offhand. Why not include all? In the seriatum the various support systems would sort themselves out. Just be certain all the relevant details were included. One could have the best standing offhand precision, or the best prone-bipod-shoulder precision, or the best bench one-piece mechanical rest and barrel tuner precision. A big tent.

As for fun I do not consider it fun to shoot shit at the range but perhaps that is a curse of my Germanic heritage. I do try to be resolute in defeat but much prefer to be humble in victory, i.e. shooting better than my average.

Rick

My submission from my relatively new Bergara B14R. I've had the gun for about a month and have enjoyed testing lots of different ammo. This target was shot at 50 yards from a bench, bipod at the front and bag at the rear. Midas + was the ammo. I've shot some SK Pistol Match special that shot about the same so maybe I'll try another 6x5 with that lot as well.

Group sizes if you can't read them in the photo:

.276" - Best overall
.339"
.276"
.339"
.401"
.433"

.344" average, .659 MOA

Attachments

• B14R Midas+ 6x5.jpeg
    B14R Midas+ 6x5.jpeg
    546 KB · Views: 127
  • Midas+ 6x5 ruler.jpg
    Midas+ 6x5 ruler.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 116
@jbell:

For me there is a spectrum of support from a rail gun to standing offhand. Why not include all? In the seriatum the various support systems would sort themselves out. Just be certain all the relevant details were included. One could have the best standing offhand precision, or the best prone-bipod-shoulder precision, or the best bench one-piece mechanical rest and barrel tuner precision. A big tent.

As for fun I do not consider it fun to shoot shit at the range but perhaps that is a curse of my Germanic heritage. I do try to be resolute in defeat but much prefer to be humble in victory, i.e. shooting better than my average.

Rick
jbell, I think I agree with Rick. I like that this "competition" challenges me to be a better shooter, and sharing the techniques, ammo and equipment some folks who shoot very well is a great educational opportunity for those of us who need to learn how it's done. I will say that as well as some folks shoot off bipods and bags, I'm not sure I could challenge their performance from a bench. Adding classifications might help keep the data straight, but it's also a complication for you to track and report. Finally, as a benchrest shooter, if I can shoot the group sizes of the top end prone shooters, I would be a happy camper.

Best regards and thanks for engaging on this topic.

I think JBell has told folks before to shoot whatever setup they have, be it bench, bipod, bag, offhand, indoor, outdoor, just make note of it when you submit your 6x5. The instructions on the 1st page was from back in 2017, so maybe they need to be edited. I'm good if they want to do categories, my scores would move up :) Rimfireshooter99, I'm like you. I wish I could shoot off the bench as well as the top end prone shooters do. They amaze me! I'd love to try prone, but my range doesn't have the capacity to do it.

Did I miss something? Is there money to win? lol. I thought this was all just for fun and to see what other people are doing and the equipment they are using. This is getting pretty serious when people are accusing others of cheating. I enjoy this thread more then other threads because I enjoy seeing other peoples targets and it makes me strive to shoot better. If you want real competition, go to your range and compete against other competitors with an RO or someone who can measure or judge the targets. if you don't have a range to go to then you are stuck with this I guess.

@jbell ... Keep up the great work with this thread.
@orkan ... "If something is fun, you can be sure it won't be long until people make it stop being fun." Ain't that the truth.

Hey J , is the zero shooter input rifle you described a one piece rest such as pqp , arnold or something more sofisticsted? I shot off a1 piece a week ago and have one ordered. I have no intentions of chunking my bipod.

Thank you for what you do first of all.
Second, this is all supposed to be fun and to make yourself a better shooter. Every time someone shoots for practice they should be shooting against their self trying to learn no matter how much they know or how long they been doing it. Just have fun and shoot and don’t worry about how everybody else achieved their goal.

Yes, I agree with no restrictions on what you shoot or how you shoot it. I modified the “rules”. Let me know what yall think.

jhr1986, I have your Bergara on the results. Welcome to the 6X5

I want to confirm the measurements on these targets, is it outer edge or CTC that is listed. For example target labeled 1 I think is 0.503” but is that CTC?
@jbell @Near miss I believe that Targetscan shows the mean radius rather than the c-t-c .
if the target he is showing is the ISSF 10m Air Rifle target then the bull is 1.2" (30.5mm) .

yup open to any and all

1. lets me see other cool gear and rigs that i might not normally (new and old/vintage)
2. makes me try harder to beat rail guns...and piss them off

Yes, I agree with no restrictions on what you shoot or how you shoot it. I modified the “rules”. Let me know what yall think.

jhr1986, I have your Bergara on the results. Welcome to the 6X5
@jbell:

Great. I am in. After all someone has to be last. Just to be certain you can shoot a 10 x 5 or 15 x 5 and use any six consecutive targets.

Exciting. Can a bench-bipod-heavy bag top a bench one-piece mechanical? Can a two-piece mechanical top a one piece mechanical? Can a prone offhand top a prone-bipod-heavy bag? Und so weiter.

Rick

You have that Bergara putting some nice groups down range....nice shooting!

@jbell:

Great. I am in. After all someone has to be last. Just to be certain you can shoot a 10 x 5 or 15 x 5 and use any six consecutive targets.

Exciting. Can a bench-bipod-heavy bag top a bench one-piece mechanical? Can a two-piece mechanical top a one piece mechanical? Can a prone offhand top a prone-bipod-heavy bag? Und so weiter.

Rick
Yes shoot as many as you want and use any 6 that were shot consecutively.

You have that Bergara putting some nice groups down range....nice shooting!

Thank you! I'm very pleased with the gun so far, especially for the price. I couldn't justify the cost of a Vudoo to myself and this gun, while not as accurate on average as the Vudoos I see here it does offer consistent sub-moa groups with good ammo and that's good enough for my purposes with the gun. I'm also sure the B14R isn't as nice as a Vudoo in terms of fit and finish either, especially the stock - the polymer stock on the Bergara works and I need an adjustable cheek piece but it isn't as comfortable as the McMillan on my FN SPR.

That being said, I'm still in the midst of testing ammo and I think the Bergara has a little more to offer in the accuracy department. If I cherry picked groups I could show a handful of groups in the .1s (best group from the rifle so far has been .120" ctc from Eley Club) and 20+ groups in the .2s. I don't expect the gun to ever consistently shoot sub 1/2 moa but with the right ammo/lot I bet I can get pretty close to half MOA average on a 6x5. Time will tell.

I'm also waiting on a new scope for the rifle so once that and the ammo is sorted out I'll try my hand in the 100 yard category as well.

All,
I've updated my spreadsheet with everyone's scores for the past couple weeks.

I updated the MOA calculation in the spreadsheet to calculate correct MOA for those that shoot at meter distances or shoot at distances that don't exactly match the 50, 100, and 200 yard distances. The distances will be converted to yards when necessary and then that value will be used to calculate the MOA. Distances will still be grouped into 50yd, 100yd, and 200yd. Thanks go to barronian for the suggestion!

All,
I've updated my spreadsheet with everyone's scores for the past couple weeks.

I updated the MOA calculation in the spreadsheet to calculate correct MOA for those that shoot at meter distances or shoot at distances that don't exactly match the 50, 100, and 200 yard distances. The distances will be converted to yards when necessary and then that value will be used to calculate the MOA. Distances will still be grouped into 50yd, 100yd, and 200yd. Thanks go to barronian for the suggestion!
Very cool.

Reactions: CoolJJ
I agree let everyone play here with their toys of choice. This is my favorite thread on SH and i look forwad to checking it each day. Thank all of you, and esp jbell for keeping it going.

today id like to submit a 200yd 6x5, shot off a bench, with bipod and bag. Honestly i do better prone, but until the hay gets cut here on the farm im limited to 150 yd so i had to swing by a local range that discourages not shooting from the bench. winds were rough, i was able to work with them some, other times i felt foolish. anyways heres the target

thx again! and always check my math

Lear

6ED99E07-982E-4FE7-90B0-50F737E51EAF.jpeg

No problem, I already did the work of compiling everyone's results into a google spreadsheet. I'll keep my own running tally and post the link occasionally.

Here's the google spreadsheet downloadable as an Excel file or viewable as an html file.

It would make it easy to track scores if everyone could post in the following format.
  1. AVG_GROUP
  2. BEST_GROUP
  3. MAKE
  4. MODEL
  5. BARREL
  6. FIRING_PIN
  7. TWIST
  8. CALIBER
  9. AMMO
  10. SIGHT
  11. DATE
:)
Could you add the placement to the scores? So I know how far behind I am lagging.

And also make every other row colored for easy tracking?

Last edited:
Reactions: CoolJJ
Learjet, 200 yards really shows you what the wind can to a rimfire! Still not too bad at all. I have your Vudoo on the 200 yard results.

Could you add the placement to the scores? So I know how far behind I am lagging.

And also make every other row colored for easy tracking?
I added rank and alternate row shading. Hopefully ranking works in everyone's version of excel. Thanks for the suggestions! This makes a nice improvement.

jbell, I was able to shoot another 200 6x5 today, and improved on my past scores.

Anschutz 1903 in BR stock, 21" stock barrel and trigger
Athlon 10-40 scope
Overall average - 2.173
Best group - 1.375
Temp - 63F
RH - 70%
Wind - NNE 4mph

Targets attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1807.JPG
    IMG_1807.JPG
    428.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1808.JPG
    IMG_1808.JPG
    408.3 KB · Views: 131
Wha
jbell, I was able to shoot another 200 6x5 today, and improved on my past scores.

Anschutz 1903 in BR stock, 21" stock barrel and trigger
Athlon 10-40 scope
Overall average - 2.173
Best group - 1.375
Temp - 63F
RH - 70%
Wind - NNE 4mph

Targets attached.
R:

Good shooting. Wind was consistent? What type of ammunition? What type of support?

Do bullet holes have same diameter on shoot-and-see targets as paper?