• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 6XC bags decent buck (stag)

THLR

Private
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2012
Showing a typical day out for deer. The 6 XC has proved surprisingly effective for me on deer, very mild to shoot and good impact observations.

I call mine a 243win [...]

Agree. 243, XC, Creedmoor - couldn't tell them apart from shooting them. Only thing for me is that 6mm bullets are almost 2x the $ of 6,5mm so will eventually migrate back to that once this barrel is gone.

Reactions: XLR308
beautiful land and film!
i'm waiting for my rifle to be back from my smith with a 6xc barrel and wonder which bullet are you shooting?i hope the 108 eld m will work as good as the 147 eldm worked in my previous 260 barrel!

Great video as always, Thomas. There's a very soothing quality to your vids that no one has been able to replicate.

Great video as always, Thomas. There's a very soothing quality to your vids that no one has been able to replicate.

Thanks for that, very generous of you. I try to bring in the atmosphere and more of the whole experience of doing this, sometimes it works. I wish I had time to invest in proper classes and really learn to handle the camera. (and gett better lenses)

beautiful land and film!
i'm waiting for my rifle to be back from my smith with a 6xc barrel and wonder which bullet are you shooting?i hope the 108 eld m will work as good as the 147 eldm worked in my previous 260 barrel!

This was the 105 Amax. It wouldn't been my first choice, but I am by law required to use 100grains or more and this was the only legal bullet I could get my hands on. It worked ok and all deer have been properly shot tnrough so far. I don't know what kind of jacket the ELD M uses, but I would expect it to be similar and for that bullet to work along the same lines as the Amax. That being said - manufacturers sometimes change the specs of their bullets without telling...