• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6XC Brass

Re: 6XC Brass

Or save some serious bucks and end up with better brass by forming it from Winchester 22-250 or you can get Lapua 22-250. With Lapua you will be cutting out some doughnuts though unless you have a long throat bbl.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reformed Win 22-250 brass is better than Norma 6XC brass?!? </div></div>

Yes.

Thanks for the help. The Tubbs site was the ticket. I am shooting Norma in my 300 WSM and it has been working well.

I had been shooting the Norma XC brass but got tired of loosing it at matches and went the fireforming route. Cheaper and get great results.

The biggest problem with Norma is pressure. The first several batches that didnt have the Norma headstamp on them just sucked...especially the first. Have a bunch of it and its all but scrap and only gets used for light practice loads for offhand. Even the newest stuff gets sticky bolt lift at pressures/loads that Win and Lapua just laugh at. Buy what you want, but when you shoot thousands upon thousands of rounds of 6XC per year, you wont put up with issues very long.

I would concur. Pressure seems to be an issue with the norma 6xc brass. especially the early generations