• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6XC opinions

Re: 6XC opinions

I have 2 my dad has 1 and I know a few other guys that have them.
It's a great cartridge, Barrel life isn't exatly what it's cracked up to be, But inherant accuracy is great.
I realy haven't seen anyreason to build a 6xc over a 243 exept the barrel life which like I said Isn't the 2500 rounds it was expected to be. HOpe this helps, Anymore questions just Pm me.
Oh and we have 26 inch kriegers on surgeons down to 22 inch, that 4 inches is alot of free velocity, but it's alot of extra weight.

I have a 6CM based on a .243 brass in a Tubb rifle also just bought a 6XC also in a Tubb rifle .
in a small cal this beats everything " Flame suit on " hands down

ONLY MY OPINION

I have a little over 2800 rds. down the tube & it still turns in 15 shot groups of 3.25" @ 400 yards. While not the most accurate out there I'm still happy with performance. I have an extra bbl. but don't see any real reason to put it on just yet.
Semper Fi

It and the 243 Ackley smoke 'um
cool.gif

6xc700001.jpg

SB001.jpg

These are both 6XC.
7.2 mils to 1000 and 1.8 mils for 10 mph wind. What's not to love???? My load consist of Norma brass, Russian primers, 115 DTAC and 40.0 H4350......

another6xc001.jpg

Put a little better scope on the remmy today.LOL. BTW the Tubb has a 26" and the remmy is 27.5". I have pushed the 115 near 3100 in the 26 inch with RE17 but just picked the Remmy up yesterday and have not done load work yet.......
I have been using PMC primers which are the same as Wolf.

My first experience of this cracking cartridge was last week when I whitnessed a friend using the 115 Dtacs put five shots into a seven inch V bull at twelve hundreds yards.

Great round I had 2800rds through mine when I pulled the barrel. It was still .5moa out to 600yds but was opening up past that.

True Ian

At 1200 the 6xc out of the Tubb Rifle was really going some...... Of course overall from 800 to 1200 the top score went to a 308
smile.gif

Trg22 of Course!

Not to detract from Steve's outstanding five v bulls in succession , considering the pissing rain ( ahh springtime in the UK). But the standard long range V bull is a whopping 14.4 inchs. Must be why I never managed to hit it that day.

smile.gif

Tony,

Where do you guys shoot 1200 yard matches, in England or Scotland, or both?

I have one and its a drill. 1,200 rounds through it and the throat is still GTG. Fine cartridge.

s5blm0.jpg

I've got one built on a surgeon action Barlein barrel A5 Mac with a 4-16 S&B PMII. I shoot the 105 Scenars...its a hammer!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate to ask this but what is a 6CM?? </div></div>

It's a wild cat based on the .243 Win. I think they change the shoulder angle and remove some taper from the case, not an AI though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TonyTRG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">True Ian

At 1200 the 6xc out of the Tubb Rifle was really going some...... Of course overall from 800 to 1200 the top score went to a 308
smile.gif

Trg22 of Course!</div></div>

Hi Tony

I saw the scores yesterday, congratulations on your score, and as you say with the .308.

I thought it said in the target book that the V bull was 7 1/2 inches? or was that just for the 800 and 900 yard relays?

That particular day was an informal competition for the British Sporting Rifle Club. It was shot at the Stickledown Range at Bisley, England which has firing points from 800 to 1200 yards.