• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6XC owners please advise me

mike27

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2006
Arkansas, Yellville
Hello all,
I'm going to build a fast 6mm that will feed out of a standard seekins short action bottom metal. I have been looking at the 6mmXC but I dont like the fact that 100pcs of brass costs $105 for the Norma brass and I dont know enouph about Silver State Armory(makes the Tubb 6xc brass) to order some of that which is $32 per 100. If you have a 6XC, please tell me what you are doing as for brass.I know I could go with a 243 but that chambering just doesnt do anything for me.Thank you in advance.
mike

Re: 6XC owners please advise me

I used Remington and Winchester 22-250 brass.

The one time (first and last) I used Tubb marked brass it was junk. Waaaaay too soft.

Or look at building a 6CM these move a little faster than the 6 xc
Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike27</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hello all,
I'm going to build a fast 6mm that will feed out of a standard seekins short action bottom metal. I have been looking at the 6mmXC but I dont like the fact that 100pcs of brass costs $105 for the Norma brass and I dont know enouph about Silver State Armory(makes the Tubb 6xc brass) to order some of that which is $32 per 100. If you have a 6XC, please tell me what you are doing as for brass.I know I could go with a 243 but that chambering just doesnt do anything for me.Thank you in advance.
mike </div></div>

I use Norma brass, but didn't know the current price is over $1/case. FWIW, you aren't using this round in a semi-auto, so it should last a long time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">didn't know the current price is over $1/case.</div></div>

Norma is 66 cents / case, the OP got a price from somewhere other than directly from Tubb (Superior Shooting).

I'm going to build a fast 6mm that will feed out of a standard seekins short action bottom metal.

6x47Lapua...best brass around.

Steve