• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6XC range report...looks like a shooter

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
So I threw some loads together for the new 6XC rifle....no case prep at all and right out of the bag new brass.

Started with 38.3gns or RL-17 and went up in .3gn steps....seem it likes it fast. Best group came in at 39.1gns. Seating the bullets (107 SMK's) in the lands.

As you can see from the targets as the load increased the groups started shrinking. Now that I have some fire formed brass I will start fine tuning the load.
But for now I will load up a bunch for Sunday's 600 yard match and just go have fun.

Take care,Stan

Re: 6XC range report...looks like a shooter

nice and the rifle looks like ???
confused.gif
wink.gif

nevermind... found it
cool.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...861#Post1263861

scan0054-1.jpg

Stan, Looks like your on the right track!! This is the load I'm using right now in my coyote rifle...it is 5 shots BTW!!

You boyz are missing the boat if your not shooting H4350
wink.gif

wn, what is your load with H4350 and 105 grain bullets? Can it produce 3100+fps? Thanks!! Pat

Bill....I am waiting on my H4350. Should be here next week...I hope. But I had the RL-17 on hand...and I just HAD to shoot this rifle!

PGS...thats a hell of a group...dead yote for sure! Great shooting.

Take care,Stan

38.2 grains of H4350, Berger 105VLDs' +.015" in the lands, Tubb Brass with WLR Primers. 38.5 was my initial load at 3,080 fps but, 3,050 fps is where it's at now with better accuracy. Still in the .2's after 1,100 rounds. Yes, it will do 3,100 fps, it just shoots better at 3,050.

Just ribbing ya'll bout the H4350, dont shoot it, it'll leave more for me
grin.gif

I know of four more XC's in NW Louisiana, they all love H4350.

Stan,

Were you fireforming from necked up .22-250 brass?

Have any that split at the shoulder case edge?

I had zero luck with RE17. I will not shoot worth a hoot in anything i have. H4350 is where its at!! Lee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had zero luck with RE17. I will not shoot worth a hoot in anything i have. H4350 is where its at!! Lee </div></div>

Damnit Lee, dont give all the secrets away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swamper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stan,

Were you fireforming from necked up .22-250 brass?

Have any that split at the shoulder case edge? </div></div>

No I a using Norma 6XC brass....did ZERO case prep...right out of the bag and into the press.

All this talk of the H4350....can't wait for may jug to show up.

Take care,Stan