• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6xc

wvlapua

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2012
Morgantown, WV
I'm looking for 6xc case web diameter measurements, after your brass has been full length resized and what die was used.

My Tubb die squeezes the web on my case .004 at the web. For a sized web diameter of .468 on fired brass.

6xc2 chamber .472 on fired case at web

Last edited:
Yikes, that's a lot of sizing at the web. I wouldn't do any more brass with that die/chamber combination.

My experience has been to just call the die manufacturers and get a reloading tech on the line. They will all give you the actual die reamer spec, with the exception of Redding who wont tell you anything.

I'm looking 6xc case web diameter measurements, after your brass has been full length resized and what die was used.

My Tubb die squeezes the web my case .004 at the web to .468 on fired brass.

6xc2 chamber .472 on fired case at web
I'm actually surprised it does not roll your brass to where it is cracked where the die mouth ends up. That is a lot, and MAY lead to case failure over time.

I'm actually surprised it does not roll your brass to where it is cracked where the die mouth ends up. That is a lot, and MAY lead to case failure over time.

Yes.. excessive movement for sure. Sized a few cases and stopped. I'm now looking for a different setup. Will likely have Whidden make one if I can't find something that already works.

I remember reading that the tubb die was pretty small in the base. Works perfect for the original chamber. I use a whidden die for my XC, which if I recall is .471 at the base.

Reactions: wvlapua
I remember reading that the tubb die was pretty small in the base. Works perfect for the original chamber. I use a whidden die for my XC, which if I recall is .471 at the base.

It definitely is. Thanks for the info. Looks like Whidden may be the answer as .001 would be perfect.

Tubb's dies are too small at the base for use with a 6xcII chamber. You need to use Whidden or Redding 6xcII dies.

I've contacted Whidden but they haven't mentioned anything XCII dies. Only said their dies are designed for the standard XC. Only mention I've seen of them are from Whitley at 6mmar. I called and left a message to place an order..haven't received a return call yet. If you know where I can get one please let me know.

Whidden only makes one 6XC die. It should work fine for 6xcII. I've seen several people say they use that combination with no problems.

I have both the Tubb and Whidden dies. I've changed my chambers to 6xcII, but haven't needed to size my batch of brass yet. It will be going thru the Whidden dies.

Tubb's original die was designed for use with Winchester or Remington 22-250 brass.

It would be interesting to know if his new dies are for the old reamer or the XCII.

I do have an old Forster, it is a .468.
I have not measured the newer Redding... No issues with the girls Peterson XC brass, but I have never measured a sized case.

I've contacted Whidden but they haven't mentioned anything XCII dies. Only said their dies are designed for the standard XC. Only mention I've seen of them are from Whitley at 6mmar. I called and left a message to place an order..haven't received a return call yet. If you know where I can get one please let me know.

They'll likely tell you the base diemerter of their die. Brownells has the click adjustable fl bushing die in stock. The standard one drop ships from whidden direct. If it doesn’t work, return it for a full refund.

I asked..she said she'd have to get with her machinist to get a measurement. Thanks for the heads up..I may just pick one up from Brownells and try it.

I just figured to save some time and frustration, I'd ask here first. If anyone sizes brass in the mean time, post your case web diameter numbers please.

Tubb's original die was designed for use with Winchester or Remington 22-250 brass.

It would be interesting to know if his new dies are for the old reamer or the XCII.

I do have an old Forster, it is a .468.
I have not measured the newer Redding... No issues with the girls Peterson XC brass, but I have never measured a sized case.

Tubb does not support the XCII version. He only shoots and advertises the XC. His die will work, but would likely cause premature case failure in the form of case head separation. Imo it sizes the base too small.

Criterion chamber, norma brass. My fired brass measures just a hair under .469 and my sized measures a hair over .468 out of the forster die.

It came, nonspecial honed, with a neck diameter of .265. Which is exactly what I would have had it honed to.

It’s been a pretty great fit so far and no issues on a batch of brass with 8 firings on it.

Last edited:
Criterion chamber, norma brass. My fired brass measures just a hair under .269 and my sized measures a hair over .268 out of the forster die.

It came, nonspecial honed, with a neck diameter of .265. Which is exactly what I would have had it honed to.

It’s been a pretty great fit so far and no issues on a batch of brass with 8 firings on it.

Thanks..I generally buy bushing dies to control neck tension, so no issue there. A .268 bushing is .002 bullet tension with my noma brass.

My issue is the case web/base.

Thanks..I generally buy bushing dies to control neck tension, so no issue there. A .268 bushing is .002 bullet tension with my noma brass.

My issue is the case web/base.
My dumb ass mistyped the numbers. Fired is .469 and sized is .468.

.472 is larger than even the 6xcii proper should allow.

Ok..measured at .2000 as per the diagram, it is actually .471. Definitely a XCII chamber, was cut by PVA.

General info: Measured this am...
New Peterson XC Brass is .468
DAUGHTERS chamber: Fired Brass with an XCII reamer.... chamber #3 with the current reamer measure .469 guess .471/.472 with .002 "springback". This is first firing.
Resized brass with Redding standard XC FL die: .468

Now... My standard XC reamers are back in play. I had not even thought to measure the Peterson brass. I had mistakenly Assumed they would be .471....
Thanks for the thread, made me pay attention again.