• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7-300 prc die recommendations

Delicatessen

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2017
Kansas
I should have my pva barrel within a couple weeks. Again this is 300 prc parent case not 6.5 or 7. Will be using lapua brass and forester co-ax. I need to get my dies, anyone have recommendations for fl bushing/seating dies with good runout etc?

Most likely go Redding type s but any input on bushing diameter etc or if there is a better option please let me know.

I use Short Action Customs dies. They work very well and have very little runout. They also size the case and mandrel size the neck in one operation. Pricey, but worth it.

I shoot this particular wildcat, its based upon the Wheeler web chamber dimension, I use redding type S FL bushing die. It works well. With N570, I'm able to run 195s at 3000fps from a 22" bbl.

Thanks, will probably go with redding unless I am missing something. SAC stated they don’t have the correct bushings for the 300 prc modular die for 7mm. If they did I would go through them as I prefer their mandrel style in one step (as opposed to second step with universal 7mm mandrel)

Guys, what bushing size is everyone running for their 7-300 PRC using ADG brass? I ordered a barrel a couple of weeks ago, so now I'm just collecting all the additional extra stuff I need so I'll be prepped when it gets here

Last edited:
Guys, what bushing size is everyone running for their 7-300 PRC? I ordered a barrel a couple of weeks ago, so now I'm just collecting all the additional extra stuff I need so I'll be prepped when it gets here
Depending on brass choice, I believe 311-313. Lapua has thicker necks Than ADG.

Reactions: canezach
I dont load for 300 PRC (yet), but Forster has been very consistent for me.

I shoot this particular wildcat, its based upon the Wheeler web chamber dimension, I use redding type S FL bushing die. It works well. With N570, I'm able to run 195s at 3000fps from a 22" bbl.
How many grains you fitting in there? Lapua Brass?

I second the Redding FL bushing dies. I'm using . 310 and . 311 mostly now that they are sized down. I'm running n570 running 80 grains on average for a mid load.

Make sure the 0.200 line on your reamer print is 0.535 VS. 0.533(saami) will help with sized brass to chamber fitment as you get a few firings on the brass and the web starts to get a lil extra memory to it.

You can get a custom Whidden die. They'll make dies off your reamer print or 3 pieces of fired brass from your rifle/chamber.

On the annealer I'm running a 031B analyze code and 0149 anneal code on new ADG brass and I have a code of 0146 for neck turned. I spoke with Alex at AMP and he asked me to send some cases to develop an analyze code specifically for this cartridge. So hopefully that will benefit someone.