• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7/300 wsm dies

SilencercoJames

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 30, 2008
kearns, ut, 84118
I am currently building one and have a 300 wsm redding type s neck die and a wilson seating die(the one you need to use an arbor press). When i seat the bullets there is visible run out on the bullets. My question is What are you guys using? I was thinking of boring the die out and using a bushing to align the 7mm bullets.
Any help is appreciated.

Re: 7/300 wsm dies

Does it really matter? We both know you will change your mind about the build befor it is actually done!

Had a Redding 7/300 wsm seater. They make seaters for that caliber. I actually got it from Mark @ SAC.

Used a Redding 300 wsm bushing with proper bushing for neck tension.

Hope that helps.

Greene

Ok i didnt know they made the seater. And snag, what ever dude. Ha ha. This one is for real. Or should i do a .338 edge?

I had Wilson make me a 7/300 WSM seater.

Sure don't understand why a 300 WSM seater would show runout. I use the tubb seater on my 6xc. It is just a Redding comp seater with a 30 cal stem. Tubb feels it makes ammo with less runout. Do I buy into that smoke and mirrors kinda stuff? Maybe....my best personel groups at 100- 1000 yards were shot with that 6xc.

I also use Redding types S 300 WSM dies with proper bushing