• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7-35 atacr what reticle

What Kingair said. That's the trade off with high mag for scopes-the reticle thickness. The high mag is great in low mirage conditions, but I rarely shoot this scope on 35x. Don't get me wrong-the optics, mechanical function are excellent, but the (MOAR in my case) reticle is heavy especially at distance. It's roughly 2x as thick as the SFP MOAR-T I prefer the MOAR-T in my 5-25 SFP ATACR for ELR with my .375CT. Remember, a 1MOA target at 2500 yrs occupies the same reticle space as a 1 MOA target at 100 yds.
Other than that, Mil or MOA-either will be fine, pick a system and stick with it. Good luck.

If you are taking really long shots, you will most definitely be holding over a lot of elevation and windage, so a reticle such as the H59 or Tremor3 would make sense.

Unless you like making ELR precision shots while holding off into dead space...

I have both the H59 and Tremor 3. I went with the H59 in my newest scope. It will be on my .338LM I am taking to Tonopah 2 mile shoot. Then next year I am move it over to a .375CT.

the tremor 3 was the way i was leaning why the h59 over the tremor will either be to hard to make out target at elr

Thought you were looking for a reticle for ELR? You planning on holding 30+ mills and running at reduced magnification? For real ELR shooting the finest crosshair is the most effective.

some other people in this post where also suggesting the horus n tremor so thats why i asked the question if they don't work as well that what i wanted to know

I went with the H59 over the T3 because the almost the entire upper half on the reticule is open. To be honest I really like both of them. I am lucky and live in NW AZ so I have VERY long range shooting 15 min drive from the house. I could shoot 4000 yards if I wanted. When look at over 3000 yard neither reticule blocks out 1 meter targets. They both a thin and I have no trouble seeing the target.

I'm looking for a scope for elr also and the Nightforce was one on my list. But the 7-35 atacr is only available with the mil-r and the moar, right? Or can they build with other reticles? If I go with the nightforce I am going to wait for the mil-c to come out in the 7-35.

I may go with the S&B with the P4 fine. We'll see, still looking. [h=1][/h]

I'm looking for a scope for elr also and the Nightforce was one on my list. But the 7-35 atacr is only available with the mil-r and the moar, right? Or can they build with other reticles? If I go with the nightforce I am going to wait for the mil-c to come out in the 7-35.

I'd wait for the Mil-C, it's the tits!

I have an ATACR first Focal plane in Tremore-3. Probably not found in the stores but for this much money, get the one best suited for you.

Yes, thin reticle works great for ELR; sorry, do not have that particular scope but with NightForce, I used the MOAR-T and NP-R1, both SFP, at a mile+, works great! The Schmidt & Bender P4F, FFP, is a great reticle as well at that range and it looks like the Vortex EBR-2C, FFP, would work well also; did not try it that far, as it is mounted on a 308 but it is great at 1000 meters.
Good luck!

MOAR-T is a good reticle. If you can use quadrants, the straight up MOAR works fine as well. I have both, shoot them both beyond 2,000 yards with no problems seeing or holding on plate steel that is 15" wide x 20" tall.

Anyone looking for a Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 F1 - Mil-C? We are taking pre-orders at 916.670.1103 :cool:
Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 F1 - Mil-C http://bit.ly/2xIGwYS

22007453_1730255917016914_7012651560566726707_n.jpg

FWIW, I use a 5-25x USO Mil-Gap reticle on a DTA HTI .50BMG. Sure, it's a bit fat at 25x for my liking, but it's a solid scope for a .50, I like the reticle for the most part and I have a 17x identical to this one in all but size/power on an SR25. They're also "tactical" rifles. So lower mag, ranging at all powers and tougher build win over other considerations (and I got 'em for great prices on here). If I shot in BR competitions or from rests I may want a higher power SFP with a super fine line reticle. For KD ranges and sterile shooting, why use anything else?

Still, I'm thinking of replacing it with the 7-35x too (I did get it for long range) but I do need FFP, plenty of FOV even at 35x, plenty of elevation and of course, I'd like a thinner reticle than the one I have. I'd also like to be able to use the reticle for holdovers more accurately than with the Mil-Gap and without adjusting knobs every time or eyeballing it, but those busy looking reticles have always put me off until I got a much smaller, older Christmas tree USO 1-8x style and realized it's value..

Only reason I'll replace it though with 7-35x is if it meets all these requirements plus can be used with clip on NV and thermal. It's really gonna have to bring a lot to the table and be a quantum leap over the USO or I have no reason to replace it.

When I was first looking for scopes for this rifle a couple years ago, I looked at the March something-to 40x. All looked nice, but elevation was to be lacking and FOV was deplorable. Granted at extreme distances this won't be as much an issue, but I won't ALWAYS be shooting it past a mile. I need some flexibility. Looked at the BEAST but price just kept going up and up, then it FINALLY got released and I went ahead with the USO due to price anyway after all that waiting.

The S&B 5-30x just looks to be the absolute shit, especially considering it's also small (IIRC and that model comes compact). Actually peerless at the moment. Very expensive, but it seems worth it if you can swing it and I definitely plan on going with one compact S&B high mag optic for a McMillan .338 I'd like to get some day.

Not worth skimping on optics and lower power magnification is generally better than higher power magnification, but that depends on several things and it's up to the user. BR shooters like to use the highest power SFP optic they can get because they have very thin lines at high mag and that's about the only setting they use it on it seems. A tactical rifle, on the other hand, would be hindered with an optic like this IMO. So it depends on what you plan on using it for too.

I use the MOAR and it works for me.