• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7.5x55 K31 and My lead 170gr bullets.

Suasponte

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Finally got around to getting some rounds loaded with my new cast Lee 170gr bullets. They finished out right around 175 grains after gas check and bullet lube.
Brass is Graf's 7.5x55, Primer is Wolf LG Rifle, Powder is Alliant 2400 16.0 grains and the bullet is a LEE Hard cast lead bullet from mold C309-170-F. Alloy is wheel weights with tin and linotype added. The Bullet was seated to a OAL of 2.650".
25 test rounds fired at 106yds at a 600m reduced to 200m target.
The load was very mild and was a real treat to shoot. With casting these my self I am pretty close to the cost of 22lr.
Want to strecth it out to 200meters tomorrow and see how they perform. Sight was set at 400m and adusted up to 500m after about 8 rounds.

Only got out the chrono for the last several rounds. they Chronographed right at the expected 1500fps.

rifle.jpg

k31-1-1.jpg

k31.jpg

I love these rifles, have yet to find one that does not shoot well. If you don't have one in your safe your missing out on probaly the best shooting C&R rifle out there.

Terry

Re: 7.5x55 K31 and My lead 170gr bullets.

Lovely K31 there. I have two and agree, they're stunning shooters. I see you also have a bias to hitting right.

For the life of me I can't seem to fix that. No matter what, perhaps because I have no cheek weld on mine, more of a chin-weld, the recoil moves the impact to the right slightly.

Regardless, great job on the casting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lovely K31 there. I have two and agree, they're stunning shooters. I see you also have a bias to hitting right.

For the life of me I can't seem to fix that. No matter what, perhaps because I have no cheek weld on mine, more of a chin-weld, the recoil moves the impact to the right slightly.

Regardless, great job on the casting! </div></div>

Conservatives, always to the Right! LOL

Terry

lol. Perhaps a sign from the Gods of the 2ndA...