• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7.62 upper on Daniel Defense DD5 V5 6.5 CM

MerlinMc

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2012
I have a Daniel Defense (DD) DD5 V5 6.5 CM which has been a great rifle.

Can a 7.62 Daniel Defense DD5 V4 7.62x51 upper be swapped directly onto the lower of the above rifle?

Thanks!

Yes, DD advertises their DD5 complete uppers as replacements to drop-on to their lowers for the large frames.

Whether you want to upgrade your DD5 V1 or V2, or have an alternative caliber option for your V3, V4 or V5, both the .260 Rem. and the 6.5 Creedmoor take advantage of superior ballistic coefficients to offer both flatter trajectories and reduced wind drift at levels normally reserved for much heavier recoiling long action calibers.

I like what they did with the cam helix on their BCGs, by extending its in-line travel before camming over, and thereby keeping the bolt locked longer.

I think I remember that they were selling complete uppers for this purpose. The Daniel Defense site doesn’t have them listed (or I couldn’t find them), but EuroOptic does.

Excerpt from EuroOptic description:

IMG_4135.jpeg

Reactions: simonp
@bigjake83 was playing around with the DD5 system as an alternative to the LMT MWS. He would probably be a good source of information if you wanted anything more than plug-and-play complete uppers.