• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 7.62 x51 FGMM and .308 Win FGMM

08Cayenne

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2011
East Central Ohio
Federal Gold Medal Match 175 gr. Has anyone chrono'd the 2 rounds out of the same rifle. Same bullet but not sure about the rest. I have click charts for the .308 Win and was wondering if the 7.62 ballistics were about the same.

Thanks
Frank

Re: 7.62 x51 FGMM and .308 Win FGMM

I've bought a case of each, 7.62 and 308win 175gr FGMM, and from my experience the 7.61 is almost identical to the M118LR that I have. It uses "less pretty" LC military brass (LC 08 in my case) compared to the brand new, shiny LC 308 WIN stamped brass on the 308 FGMM. I don't have a chronograph, however I've shot both up to 300 using the same dope, getting identical results. If i were to assume, it would just be same product in military brass.

308 Federal Gold Metal Match uses Lake City brass??? Dont think so.
wink.gif

okie

I did however find out that they also have crimped primers, which was extremely annoying considering i just started reloading and forgot about them... My very first case that i was about to ever prime had a crimp in it and i thought i was about to blow it all up when it wouldn't go in.