• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 7.62sd old vs new

Asm1

Night walker
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
RBC / Gadsden AL.
asm-holsters.com
Thought I would show picks of my old vs new AAC 7.62SD baffles for a well used vs brand new.. the baffles are by designed interrupted and look like chunks are missing. if you never looked threw it from day one and shot some rounds threw it i can see where one may freak out thinking there is baffle strikes or erosion. also the surface of each baffle is ground or EDM (whatever) flat and the edges are sharp and jagged this also will look like erosion when you out a few rounds threw it. I am not affiliated with AAC in any way. just wanted to put you fellas at ease that think your can is junked when its not.

Old 7.62SD with allot of rounds fired in 556 and 308 maybe 900-1200 rounds vs new 7.62SD zero rounds SD..
old can
imagektxz.jpg

imagecik.jpg

new can
imageprea.jpg

imagebgf.jpg

both, I mode the 2008 model with a set screw..
imageafj.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I have a 726SD and have been very happy with it.
Did the older versions come with a set screw, or is this a mod which you accomplished to your can?

The old can was a08 model dual spring. The ,zero shift and sound reduction are awsome,the 18t springs suck donkey balls. the 51T is leaps and bounds improvment . I did the mode myslef.