• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7.62x39 bolt gun

Re: 7.62x39 bolt gun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tommyv7474</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is available in 7.62x39 bolt guns? </div></div>

My question for you is, "Why?"

I have a CZ 527 Kevlar and its really a neat little rifle. Been giving serious thought to adding a 30 Ruski to the collection.

WHY? Well for statrters its a round with some ass behind it and its really F-ing cheap. I cant reload 308 for what it cost to buy Combloc AK ammo. Got mine in 223 to have a starter rifle for my girl and help with critters.

Some benchrest guys build 6mm PPCs on platforms that use the 308 bolt face. Apparently, extraction is not a problem. That has the same case head as 220 Russian, 6.5 Grendel and 7.62x39. I've been looking at using it as a subsonic round myself. An AICS mag might work with it with some modification.

Way back when, I did some load development work on a Century Arms converted K-98 chambered in 7.62x39. I was never able to overcome the basic inherent inaccuracy of the platform. I was convinced that the 7.62x39 was capable of stellar accuracy when built on a reliable platform. Aside from that, I was primarily disappointed with the bastard bolt face diameter.

I have a .30 barrel blank and am considering a small/medium capacity chambering; but I'm insisting the bolt face diameter correspond to the common .473" spec, or .378". I've given considerable thought to the .30RAR, .300 Savage, and .30BR. The .30RAR appears to have been bastardized by having the bolt face diameter increased for liability reasons (I'm convinced Remington is hell bent on suicide-by-lawyer...), so its out. The .300 Savage is very tempting, but the case capacity seems a tad larger than what I really want. The .30BR seems to be overly complicated by its wildcat status. The .300Whisper seems to have disappointing velocities.

At this point, I barely favor a .300 Savage, loaded down somewhat for 200yd comp purposes.

This post got me interested in the Rem 799, a 20" Mauser-like rifle built by Zastava in Serbia, and generally believed to be quite well made. I could be interested in one myself, chambered in 7.62x39.

Greg

Have one what for sale? Seen a few of the CZ's locally I can get you contact info if that's what you are looking for. GB is always an option as well.

I think I posted this in another thread too, but there's a guy who apparently converts old Enfields to 7.62x39. Google "special interest arms". Not sure what the lead time on those is, but they look nice if you've got an old beater Enfield lying around.

Any bolt gun in 7.62x39. just wanting to see some options before i buy one. thanks

There is also a company offering a conversion kit for the Enfield rifles.

You can also get a custom barrel for a TC Encore or similar.

Here's the video on the FN rifle....assuming you stand to listen to Sylvester talk about it. Nithe HR management FN
wink.gif

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/flash/prodvid.asp?tsr.f4v