• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7.62x39mm what dies do you recommend, i would like a set that does both the .308 and .311.

Rude Robert

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2011
CA
I just bought a akm47, which is new. I want to go to the range tomorrow if time permits and site it in. I bought bullets that are brass so I can reload them once I get set up. I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to find what dies to buy. There was a lot of discussions on the dies for the 6.5 cm here, but doesn't seem to be much on these dies that I can find in my quick search. I will send a lead sinker down the barrel to check the diameter of the bore like I did years ago on my 7.62x54. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated thank you.

RCBS dies come with both size expander buttons . Can't remember if Hornady dies do or not, can't check ATM ,away from loading bench.

okay thank you. I see the Lee dies said that they did too. That was the only one that came up. I don't have anything from Lee, I have Redding, Rcbs and Hornady stuff. Thanks again.

Reactions: WasNH4X