• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

7.62x51

Re: 7.62x51

Typically 7.62x51, and 5.56x45 military ammunition is loaded to hotter specs than 308 or 223 stuff. Some military chambers are looser or tighter than the civilian spec chambers too. That is the reason for some recommendations to not shoot one in the other. With many here shooting hot match loads in everything though, I would see no harm, but check the chamber fit with the ammunition, and maybe take a ook at the ammunition itself for OAL. I say check OAL because I have had some 7.62x51 military ball that was a little long and had to be pressed a little(I just used a small ball peen hammer to knock them in a little deeper, no issues or anything)<----- he's bullshitting DO NOT DO THIS!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Typically 7.62x51, and 5.56x45 military ammunition is loaded to hotter specs than 308 or 223 stuff. </div></div>

5.56x45- Yes hotter than .223
however,
7.62x51- Lower chamber pressure than .308

To the OP-
"to spec" 7.62x51 NATO ammo in a "to spec" .308 Winchester chamber should be good to go.

Thanks guys. I have a full battle pack of this stuff, I found it today. Its been stowed away for over 13 years..