• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sv650_pimpin

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2009
Collins, MS
i bought this ammo at a gun show in jackson mississippi. don't know what kind it is. can anyone identify it for me. the headstamp on the top says "7.62 x 51" under the primer it says "13 FLB 62 ". Any ideas on what kind it is? I do know its 147gr FMJ

Re: 7.62x51

do you think that is good ammo to shhot? it's a little dirty. but looks like good stuff....ill take a pic and post it tommrow

I have some Argentine ball with the 3 indent primer crimp, and had a green primer sealant.
Outstanding 1-1.5 MOA accuracy,(for ball), in a couple M1A'a and a garand with a 7.62 barrel. If it's the same stuff, you've made a good purchase.The ammo that I bought was dirty on the outside as well.
I've bought Hirtenberger ball and gotten the standard 3 MOA, and it was clean and shiny, so don't think cause it isn't "nice" that it won't shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the_contract</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have some Argentine ball with the 3 indent primer crimp, and had a green primer sealant.
Outstanding 1-1.5 MOA accuracy,(for ball), in a couple M1A'a and a garand with a 7.62 barrel. If it's the same stuff, you've made a good purchase.The ammo that I bought was dirty on the outside as well.
I've bought Hirtenberger ball and gotten the standard 3 MOA, and it was clean and shiny, so don't think cause it isn't "nice" that it won't shoot.
</div></div>

That's the same stuff I got....cool thanks for the info