• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7.62x54r vs concrete!

Very cool! I have a 91/30 and three M-38's. By the way, how did you mount your bipod?

hi
id like to get a bipod for my mosin also do you remember the model swivel i would need or is just any basic swivel? thanls'al

hi
id like to get a bipod for my mosin also do you remember the model swivel i would need or is just any basic swivel? thanls'al

It's a certain uncle mikes screw, the package comes with two screws, a short one and a long one. part number is 2520-0 use the short screw so you don't hit the cleaning rod. here is a video of what I'm talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iiyci9_Hi8

The Mosin round is a fairly powerful round. Ballistics are pretty much right between the 7.62 x 51 and the 7.62 x 63.

The Mosin round is a fairly powerful round. Ballistics are pretty much right between the 7.62 x 51 and the 7.62 x 63.

That's true, I shot a 3/8" steel plate with the .308 at 300 yards and the mosin puts the same size dent (about 1/4" deep) on the same steel plate at 400 yards. The .308 at 400 yards barely dings the plate.

Impressive! I have seen concrete cyls like that before. IIRC they are for destructive testing of concretes in a giant concrete crushing apparatus. Almost as impressive as shooting at them! Wish i could get my hands on some to shoot at! ..wonder how M2 ball 30.06 would compare.