• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7 BAT

Re: 7 BAT

7 Bat is great, I have one by surgeon on a surgeon.
The good thing is that you can use norma brass PERIOD.
7wsm puches the same bullets faster more efficiently in cheaper brass that you dont have to neck down.
That said I think the 7bat may have a slight accuracy advantage because you can use norma brass, ANother thing is that if you plan to shoot 180's loaded very long, then the wsm action isn't quite long enough.Mine is built on the xl action, way to much action for that cartridge but hey
wink.gif
So do I love mine YES, Would I build it again over a straight 7 WSM, NO
To the best of my knowledge,
Dustin Morris

I was thinking the same xl action, one reason I have about 300 pieces of 300wsm brass all win. I also don't mind a little extra work with the brass, I'm wanting to shoot a match a time or two but mostly just hunting and a overall shooter

I'm not sure that surgeon will have a 7Bat reamer, They used mine to build my gun, And 300wsm winchester brass is too thick in the neck to use in place of norma. AND I cant make my winchester neck down right either. So between havin to neck down and then turn your winchester 300 wsm brass and order a reamer.
Why not just swap someone your 300 brass for 7WSM brass build a 7wsm not have to worry about working up loads that noone knows (and no they arent the same as 7wsm) turning necks and necking down?! Everyone has 7WSM loads! But id=f in spite of all my reasons you still want a BAT, Pm me and I will give u some good loads and help you spec the reamer

Jered at APA built my 7mm BAT, and holy cow is it accurate!

Making brass is not a issue ending up with a .309 bushing for Winchester brass out of a Redding die does the trick. Then 61.5gr H4831sc and a 210m primer. Ive got a Brougton barrel on mine and the way it shoots I will use no other brand for the .284 bore diameter.

http://www.americanprecisionarms.com/c-48-targets.aspx?p=3

Thats why hes my gunsmith!