• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater 7 Days in Entebbe

Frankly

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2018
Rural
It's out on cable now, I was 16 years old when it happened and I remember thinking the Israelis were pretty bad ass to do something so bold. So it was good to see a well-produced historical drama that explained some of what was going on. However it may not have enough action for some of you guys, it's a drama not a thriller. The strange thing is they incorporated modern dance into it, which really was stupid and distracting BUT stay and watch the last post-ending scene with the male dancer because it's f-ing amazing.

Finally saw this... and its the gheyest commando movie ever. Sorry, don't need fucking interpretive dance fags to walk us through an outstanding raid by lining up in some kind of Riverdance Chair formation without the clogging.

Holy crap on a cracker, Batman. What kind of Fosse-Fosse-Fosse ass-pirate turned this great military history story into some kind of modern dance faggotry?

Going to watch the original 1976 version now just to cleanse my cortex of this travesty of a movie. Soooooo... dishonored the achievements of the commandos who pulled off an amazing raid.

Maybe we can drop the dance majors on Palestine and they'll make peace or get beheaded or some shit.

Good lord.

Sirhr

Having lived and worked in Uganda back in the early 90's, and hearing about the raid, I found the movie enjoyable. Also enjoyed the Last King of Scotland. Both had timelines in the Idi Amin regime, which was well over by the time I arrived, but still interesting to see some familiar scene locations and bring back some memories.

Attachments

• Kampalagate4.jpg
    Kampalagate4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: pilotjoe
I prefer the Bronson version, James wood was in it as well. This last version gave me the impression the movie makers wanted the terrorists to appear less than evil.

When I went in, 1981, we practiced the "Entebbe Raid" style of taking down an airfield 4-6 times a year. A whole week or two of just that. 1-2 walkthroughs and 2-3 rehearsals a day. We got damn good at getting jeeps on and off C-130's. Toward the end of my time in the 1/75 it seemed like we didn't do that so much. But, I was in S-3. When the Rangers transitioned to Humvees, I wondered how, or even if, they ever did that style of raid again.

One Anecdote in those days was obviously, we had several C-130's coming into one small airfield. We were like #3 or #4 to come in. We got to the spot and dropped the ramp. We were supposed to drive off to one side of the runway to our blocking point. Bran (psuedonym names) heads down right on the side of the runway. Walker, the team commander (and PSG) sees the next 130 coming in and tells Bran turn right, get off the runway, nothing. He yells at him this time. Goddammit Bran!... Now that 130 is on the ground comming right at us. Walker is now screaming at Bran to "TURN FUCKIN' RIGHT!!" Scotty, on the 60, drops into a little ball behind me (I'm facing aft) just as I hear the plane in full reverse with the LHOB engine about 5-10 ft. on our left go right over us. Walker yelled at him the whole way to our blocking point. It still makes me laugh.

Having lived and worked in Uganda back in the early 90's, and hearing about the raid, I found the movie enjoyable. Also enjoyed the Last King of Scotland. Both had timelines in the Idi Amin regime, which was well over by the time I arrived, but still interesting to see some familiar scene locations and bring back some memories.

Semper Fi MSG!

Moscow in 1988, Geneva 1989, Monrovia 1990

Reactions: MNhunter1
I was Kampala 1996, Caracas 1997, and Rio de Janeiro 1998. Semper Fi!

Picked this up last week to reaquaint with my State Department issued Model 19....

1589983872158.png

If I was in the hunt for a shotgun, Id likely go with an old school 870 as you are pictured with, probably wont get the grenade launcher for CS though it would be fun to burst talc on people.

Reactions: sandwarrior
Nice! Fond memories of the old Model 19, as well as the L110 launchers. I'm a lefty and would always need to shoot from the weak side whenever I donned my gas mask as my canister was on the left. Miss the Uzi's and full auto M14's too.

Nice! Fond memories of the old Model 19, as well as the L110 launchers. I'm a lefty and would always need to shoot from the weak side whenever I donned my gas mask as my canister was on the left. Miss the Uzi's and full auto M14's too.

We qual'd with the Uzis. Never had M14s. In Liberia DAO got some Garands and said they would hook us up if things went hay wire. It was a time before State was willing to let us carry anything "offensive" in nature.

Spent some time there. Has anyone else here seen the armory built into the side of the hill near the Kings palace? Built by the Israelis but turned into a prison by Amin? That dude and his people had a serious cruel streak.

Spent some time there. Has anyone else here seen the armory built into the side of the hill near the Kings palace? Built by the Israelis but turned into a prison by Amin? That dude and his people had a serious cruel streak.

Africa is a cruel place.

Nothing to do with race......just some cultures do not bring value to the table.

Our current SJW would think the Aztec Culture worthy but I'd agree with the Spanish it was an abomination in need of eradication.

Africa is a cruel place.
No doubt about it. Some buds and I were talking about that last week. The locals know what to do with a machete when in groups and given the chance.

Why in the hell is it on auctions that revolvers are going nuts and semi-autos are cheap as the day is long?

Added: So my post has some context:

Having issues copying pmc's post. That's why I mentioned revolvers going through the roof

Last edited:
Its called the Pearl of Africa for a reason and is an amazing place, but the DRC and South Sudan borders bear considerable watching. Shit can go sideways there real quick. And as Pmclaine indicated, it IS Africa so don't get comfortable and unaware. That's how you get fucked up, even in Kampala.

Notice that American forces were involved to get them out.

We did a security detail for a group of U.S. East African Ambassadors during a retreat in Queen Elizabeth National Park. Beautiful park and very memorable experience. Also did a gorilla trek in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest where some foreign tourists, including some Americans, were captured and killed from the very accommodations we had stayed in. Africa is a beautiful place, but not a place you ever let your guard down.

On another note, I remember the concerns along the Sudanese border and the threat of Joseph Kony and crew. I was reading an article about him a few years ago and found it interesting that some 25 years later, he's still a threat to the area.

Thing that got me about the locals was the eyes - glassy, wet, bloodshot, often tired looking like just weary - had the feeling their physical selfs were always either fighting the daily toil to live or some internal parasite.