• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7 PRC Build

Willie Miller V

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2013
I’m wanting to build a 7prc but stuck on barrel length. I really prefer to build with a 20” barrel since it will always have a suppressor. So pretty much everything I build from now on will have a 22” or less barrel. I’m sure that I’ll use one of the carbon fiber barrel manufacturers unless I can find a steel barrel with deep fluting. Sendero or Sendero lite contour and haven’t decided on the action. Has anyone built a 7prc similar or one with a short barrel? Suggestions?

I don't think I would run a Sendero Lite on any 7mm let alone one with a suppressor hanging off the end. Just not enough steel in that barrel.

Can't help you otherwise because my build isn't done yet but the barrel will be a 23" M24 contour. Unless you're trying to squeeze every ounce of velocity out of that cartridge I feel like anything from 22"-24" is fine.