• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

7 RSAUM freebore

Jzone

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2008
Anyone have the magic reamer for a 7 RSAUM on a short action, Alpha Mag Type 4, 180 grain SMK. Any freebore and COAL recommendations?

Did the Alpha Mag Industries drop their internal mag length recently from 2.985 to 2.965? In the summer when I ordered the magazine I swear it listed 2.985.

Re: 7 RSAUM freebore

Big and I mean bigger than the 180gr Berger Hybrid. I have a 7SAUM on SA w/ Alpha mags. It was reamed for the 180gr Berger Hybrid and I tried to put 180gr SMK thru it and the SMK was buried, and I mean buried!!! in the lands. Something like 0.15" jammed when loaded to 2.950 OAL.

On the Alpha mags: 2.985 might be possible, but rds to that length will bind up in the mag. 2.965 feeds without issues.

The Berger Hybrid shots so well there is no real reason to go with the SMK unless you are trying to save a few cents per rd.